[Advice] Buying a New Car

Recently I decided to sell my car and buy a new one, by the looks of it I can probably get around $30k+ for it, which means I'm looking for something in the 25-35 range (Canadian). I drive around a decent amount as part of my job so I decided to invest in a more gas efficient car. My current car does around 20mpg or 11.7l/100km, I'm looking for something that's more gas efficient but is still somewhat fun to drive and looks pretty decent. I really don't have anything specific in mind except that I'd like it to be a sedan. Doesn't have to be 2012, but I'd like something newer.

Dealerships in the area:
  • Honda
  • Acura
  • Toyota
  • Lexus
  • Infinity
  • Nissan
  • Hyundai
  • Ford
  • Mercedes
  • BMW
  • Volkswagen
  • Volvo

Cliffs:
- Buying new car for 25-35 (Canadian) soon
- I want a sedan
- Halp

Seriously though, there have been at least 5 threads on this in the past couple months. Should look at those.

don't buy brand new, do some math, you'll take a huge financial loss driving it off the lot. Look for a car with a least a few thousand miles on it and measure it against higher mileage cars in terms of dollars per mile.

#1 - figure the type of model and exact type of car u want first
#2 - send an e-mail out to all dealerships in 200 mi radius telling them exactly what u want and say you'll take bids for the next 3 days.
#3 - give ur local dealership a chance to beat it
#4 - go pick up ur car

Incoming beta faggots boasting about Hyundai/Kia.

OP, get a lightly used Lexus IS 250/350. Gas mileage should average out around 25mpg. A little bit better than what you have now and you'll have a sporty car.

800px-2008_Lexus_IS250_--_NHTSA.jpg

Since you're in Canada the weather isn't too great so I'd almost have to suggest an STi as well; gas mileage will suffer from the AWD.

2011_subaru_impreza-wrx-sti_actf34_fd_715101_717.jpg

Thoughts on the Altima or Accord?

The Elantra is hidious, Sonata is somewhat reasonable

Didn't see any, feel free to PM me a couple if you get the chance

I got an Accord, they are huge now, you might need a hybrid to get really good mileage.
I'm still breaking it in, but ~25 mpg so far, supposed to be closer to 34.

Back