[Admire my work] Learnt me some new website stuffs

boring

(and only badasses have the validation link on the bottom).

but either way, at least you did it.

That good for 48 hours of work. It doesn't devolve very nicely in IE 6.0. Although it probably would have taken you another 48 hours to write the conditional CSS for IE.

Fuck IE.

This...
Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="buffalo, sex, butt, rainier" />
<meta name="description" content="Where the buffaloes roam!"/>

They may teach this in a later course.

What does this do, apply css rules to specific words?

That good for 48 hours of work. It doesn't devolve very nicely in IE 6.0. Although it probably would have taken you another 48 hours to write the conditional CSS for IE.

Fuck IE.

Yep, without the ability to add a radius, the site looks pretty plain. But with CSS3 that will all change, and then also I will then be able to remove my extra code and my stuff will validate.

My question: Why does IE not auto update like FF? This would solve so many problems . .. . . IE 6 would be gone, 7 would be fleeting . .. and IE 8 works fine, so that would be all good.

nothing mind blowing, but simple and to the point.

Make sure you have some sort of stat parsing or tracking tools to help keep an eye on the traffic and what may possibly increase traffic.

What does this do, apply css rules to specific words?

Yep, without the ability to add a radius, the site looks pretty plain. But with CSS3 that will all change, and then also I will then be able to remove my extra code and my stuff will validate.

My question: Why does IE not auto update like FF? This would solve so many problems . .. . . IE 6 would be gone, 7 would be fleeting . .. and IE 8 works fine, so that would be all good.

A lot of sites were built specifically for IE6 quirks that are fixed in IE7+, so they'd all break.

I mean "It's because developers are lazy"

The word Adventure was used too many times in the first paragraph.

I'm watching two instructional video courses on Dreamweaver CS4, and when they go to show the examples, it's always in Firefox. What a rag, no one uses IE anymore.

You can find video courses for Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Photoshop on the torrents.

Having more content would give you a reason to expand your web site. For example, I'll be upgrading our band web site soon, which can have Bios, Gig dates, a Blog, E-mail list, along with the pictures and videos.

*shrug* looks pretty good for a first effort to me. That's a lot farther than anyone in the intro to design class that I took got. Except for the cheaters like me who knew what we were doing beforehand.

A lot of sites were built specifically for IE6 quirks that are fixed in IE7+, so they'd all break.

I mean "It's because developers are lazy"

What's worse is that IE7+ is still behind their competitors.

I don't totally blame MS for IE6 and a lack of auto-update. I mean, consider that IE6 is like 8 years old. I do blame them for not getting their shit together with IE7 and IE8. At this point I expect developers to begin saying "fuck it" for developing for older versions of IE, especially now that the market share is split between IE 6,7,and 8. This will push end-users to upgrade from their decade old browser and push MS to develop a browser that properly interprets the interwebz.

Back