[Addon] Faster Loading Times

r00fies said:
WoW takes 2 seconds to load, regardless :shrug: Not a big deal

Really depends on your computer. Mine was cut down to about 1/4th of what it was, my comp is kind of old but maybe only slightly underpowered for WoW. Load times used to be like 20 seconds or so, now they're around 5.

If you already had 4 second load times you're of course not going to see much of an improvement. Also, it's not the intial load that speeds up, instead, the zoning across instances/BG's/areas is faster.

Instance zoning for me has improved tenfold. The game itself loading is unchanged of course, but zoning in and out of aq/bwl/mc/etc takes about 3-8 seconds now whereas before it took upwards of 30 seconds at times.

Catalyst causes overflows on some setups/ui's. Still, the first one improved zoning times to less than 4 seconds and so did Catalyst but I always ended up either getting ui errors with Catalyst or getting disconnected completely after zoning.

Highly recommended.

Yeah I love getting ganked in Gadgetzan inn right as I log in. Some rogue beating on me with 4 guards beating on him, and he uses healing potions to finish me off. All before the Honorless Target debuff is gone.

Have to try that addon tonight.

I just started using Catalyst and none of my loadtimes are longer than 5 seconds, it's absofuckinglutely wonderful :sunny:

I swear by Catalyst when I go to sleep at night

The only thing I don't like about this is that sometimes when things actually need to load the game locks up for about 4-5 seconds.

Also, I wanna see the thread with the idiot GM!

Last edited:
Back