A thread about potted meat (and other processed meats)

ZooL

Veteran XX
My love for potted meat is great. But recently I have noticed prices on potted meat skyrocketting.

Amazon.com : Packaged Bologna

I tell you this is a sign of the end. DOOOM is coming.
You will be wise to heed my warnings. This potted meat price increase is a major economic indicator.

Huge

I've never heard the term potted meat

I am not a connoisseur of said meat. I do enjoy smoked ham and turkey deli meats though. Perhaps we can find common ground.

Potted meats is the original term. It was used before modern canning was invented. Potted meats were preserved in pots with lard or wax covering them.

edit: A few thousand years of doing this with meat.

edit2:The also covered the pots with salt in some instances when that was available.

Last edited:
It's minced pig ears and pig assholes with sawdust added to make it edible. Just no.

Edit: but then so are most hotdogs and tinned burgers and all that sort of shit.

It's minced pig ears and pig assholes with sawdust added to make it edible. Just no.

Edit: but then so are most hotdogs and tinned burgers and all that sort of shit.

Mostly accurate.

There are higher quality products available usually in pate/pashtet form.

All I eat for hotdogs anymore are Vienna and local butcher who makes their own. I know what I am getting then. That and it tastes so much better than most crap.

I have always heard that potted/processed meats are about the worst thing you can eat.

That being said...i will go all in on some spam and eggs

That being said...i will go all in on some spam and eggs

ask Kim Il Cael for recipes

spam-birthday.jpg

when honker analysis fails me i always fall back to offering spam

it never fails they never take it

Potted meats is the original term. It was used before modern canning was invented. Potted meats were preserved in pots with lard or wax covering them.

edit: A few thousand years of doing this with meat.

edit2:The also covered the pots with salt in some instances when that was available.

Can confirm, my family has been calling it "potted meat" forever. I used to eat it as a kid all the time, the one that was wrapped in a white paper with a devil on it.

0004780000015_1_A1C1_1200.png

i don't eat it now, too processed.

I avoid processed foods as much as possible. If I eat bologna I won't shit for a week.

You should try sashimi

Back