A question about diet

Lot of snake oil but if you stick to the basic vitamins, protein powder, BCAAs etc I think you're good.

Paging absent.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems BCAAs are debunked. Hear Attia, Galpin, and Layne Norton all talking about it.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems BCAAs are debunked. Hear Attia, Galpin, and Layne Norton all talking about it.

I'll check that out. Also forgot to mention, Creatine. No expert but I believe that's widely recognised as beneficial.

Making it complicated is what discourages a lot of people from being fit. Eat real food, exercise in a way that avoids injury, keep drugs to a minimum and lift to failure. The rest is all trying to reach some level of perfection unnecessary for most people.

And sleep. Probably most important for overall health.

Yeah pretty much. I wouldn't say perfection but I certainly have goals that the average person wouldn't want to attempt to get to, especially at my age.

Making it complicated is what discourages a lot of people from being fit. Eat real food, exercise in a way that avoids injury, keep drugs to a minimum and lift to failure. The rest is all trying to reach some level of perfection unnecessary for most people.

And sleep. Probably most important for overall health.

Other than not defining what real food is, I like this. For athletes that strength train or older people with bone porosity and sarcopenia issues, creatine has shown to be a statistically significant help, especially if you are a vegetarian. If not, eating more steak and dark green salad stuff is better, and if it's not getting you there, creatine in judicious amounts has been shown to help. Very few people are calling it a gimmick now.

Btw you'll gain weight. I'm not sure if someone who is actively dieting to lose weight, and not lifting, would benefit from it.

If you have an existing renal disorder, especially in the glomeruli, ask your doctor about it before adding creatine to your diet. For people with normal renal function, adding creatine doesn't appear to be a risk.

It's not going to help much with weight loss, just saying. It's more for people that have bone porosity or sarcopenia, or can't/won't get enough protein in their regular diet.

One last thing before I eject again-- we know that getting your nutrients in the food you eat and drink is more efficient and effective than using additives. One-a-day vitamin pills, creatine and whatnot will help, but not nearly as much as getting everything you need in your regular diet. We don't know why that is, but it's being worked on.

Btw you'll gain weight. I'm not sure if someone who is actively dieting to lose weight, and not lifting, would benefit from it.

Water weight held in the muscle is my understanding, for those that do lift. Focussing purely on scale weight is short-sighted anyway.

Other than not defining what real food is, I like this. For athletes that strength train or older people with bone porosity and sarcopenia issues, creatine has shown to be a statistically significant help, especially if you are a vegetarian. If not, eating more steak and dark green salad stuff is better, and if it's not getting you there, creatine in judicious amounts has been shown to help. Very few people are calling it a gimmick now.

What is a single food people think is "real" that isn't? Does it really need a definition, its beyond obvious what's real and what's processed.

Yes you need to define it, especially in here.
Don't get me started on the food industry's use of the word organic.

I have no idea. You're the one that said eat real food, not me. Tell us what real food is.

If you can't name a single point of confusion, then I think you know exactly what I mean by real food vs. processed food.

If you can't name a single point of confusion, then I think you know exactly what I mean by real food vs. processed food.

There is a lot of confusion here, but not on my end. You're saying real food, without saying what that means. It's vague. You are misunderstanding where the burden of proof lies.

Anyway, it's warm enough to go run, and I'm not wasting time with your silly attempt at a quarrel. You'll define what real food is, or you won't. Simple as that.

Americans are so food dumb they can't tell the difference between a Cucumber or a Zucchini let alone even know wtf an Eggplant is.

Back