[3D] Chaos Defiler WIP

Sigma

Veteran X
Working on a Chaos Defiler for a midterm project in 3D Comp II. Enjoy.
Anything that looks unfinished is. Need to add some more rivets/tubes to some of the finished pieces as well. (Some segments are just missing all together.)

Lit/Shaded:
defpro4wf4.jpg

Wire/Lit/Shaded:
defpro4wireit4.jpg

Try to ignore the proxy models. (Cylinder in place of head etc.)
Any criticism/comments would be great.
Expect this to be done by Tuesday (or I am screwed.)

Update:
defilerbackte8.jpg

Last edited:
that gun on its head looks more like a nose.. its most definatly on the lower side of the head.. and maybe half the size

there are a bunch of places that are extremely high poly...and then in others you go very low poly. it just seems a bit unnecessary.

also if you ever plan on rigging it...having that arm up in the air would make things difficult.

You have to finish it... including all of the organic elements by Tuesday? Good luck :p

Parts of that mesh seem needlessly dense, in some parts it seems like you have 700 triangles to represent a cylinder or a boxy assembly. Focus on using efficient looped bevels and work around that, save any SubD surfaces for areas you only need em for.

Setup geometry layers as well early. Things will get chuggy shortly.

Looks good so far though.

-I'm aware of the poly issues. (Not really an issue, it's going to be a single frame MR render.)
-I have low poly versions of the model, and it is all layered.
-What you see is that low poly version with a 2x smooth procedure to improve corners/round edges.
-The low poly sections in the shots are the unfinished areas that I am still working on.
-Don't plan on rigging.
-Yes, the armor plates on the legs and the claw segments are not in yet.
-You're right, the cannon should be lower.
-The cannon is a proxy model for the actual cannon (which has some cool organic elements to it.)
-The shots you see represent about 3.5-4 hours or so of actual work, so Tuesday should be easy enough.

Hope that clears up everything. :boogie:

Decided to work on it a bit more. Update with back shot:
defilerbackte8.jpg

Things that are incomplete:
Back of torso
Top of torso
Cannon
Side weaponry.

Back