3.1 changes

I honestly think the difference in this content and AQ/Naxx are the resist and gear checks for multiple tanks (4+) instead of now just 1-3 MTs and you're good to go. If raids and raid wide buffs had worked then like they do now the top guilds would have powered through both of those as well.

I honestly think the difference in this content and AQ/Naxx are the resist and gear checks for multiple tanks (4+) instead of now just 1-3 MTs and you're good to go. If raids and raid wide buffs had worked then like they do now the top guilds would have powered through both of those as well.

ok, so with blizzard knowing that, shouldn't they be making ulduar much harder so that it's not done and on farm status in 2 weeks?

Now that i think about it though, i do remember running MC required you to get fire resist gear as you progressed and running AQ required nature resist, etc etc. BC worked to combine/simplify that. I never did much with BC, i quit shortly after it came out, but was the "ulduar" type content in BC the same? high end guilds just moved through it like they normally do and all was on farm in a month or so?

We don't know how long the hard modes will take, and that's apparently where the real progression is supposed to take place. Who knows how all that will pan out, though.

ok, so with blizzard knowing that, shouldn't they be making ulduar much harder so that it's not done and on farm status in 2 weeks?

Now that i think about it though, i do remember running MC required you to get fire resist gear as you progressed and running AQ required nature resist, etc etc. BC worked to combine/simplify that. I never did much with BC, i quit shortly after it came out, but was the "ulduar" type content in BC the same? high end guilds just moved through it like they normally do and all was on farm in a month or so?
They put blocks on Sunwell content so you could only progress so far so fast. What would've taken a couple weeks for the big guilds took months because certain areas simply weren't unlocked until different phases of the zone were unlocked through dailies.

BT our guild was barely top50 and it took us maybe 6-7 weeks before we'd cleared everything.

Hardmodes will probably last until the next raid content is released or longer for most guilds. Some hardmodes are insane atm, or at least they seem that way on paper (gimmicks could prove this wrong).

i think the dailies for sunwell were only for the purpose of unlocking new npc's outside the instance. i think it was just a set 3 weeks before each new section was unlocked in the instance itself

pretty sure i remember reading that some hard modes are currently technically impossible w/ gear lvls. you're gonna have to wait till you build up gear, esp on tanks, for them to become possible

had bad luck with the tank and healer. we had some weak dps too. 3k+ hunter joined and carried the sub 2k fury. someone on wowhead crunched the math and said you need dps to average 2400 on the add or you will wipe for 10s and 3k for 25s. we did best on the 3rd try. burned 3 adds before the boss killed the bear tank. from watching his bars the healer sucked and couldn't top him off after nova.

I think they should have done another instance instead of stuck him in the same one as the tier 7 loot pinata. if you are on an alt and want a shot at t7 you basically have no shot at boss 2 unless you have some dps there to carry the raid. sucks more for 25s than 10s. I look at it from the perspective that if you need the t7 you won't be able to do the other guy and if you need the t8 the first is just a free shard. I hate wasted loot :(

Is it just me, or did the coefficient or dmg on Blizzard get fucked over?

Clarification: Before 3.1, blizzard was hitting for just over 1k, non crit. It would frequently crit, for as much as 2100 in best situations, normally around 1800. Now however, I seem to be getting the 1600-1800 crits, and normal damage ranging from 600-950. It has made dealing with XT-002's heart phase unpleasant in 10.

Last edited:
Back