1968 Charger R/T 440 vs..........

Remo

Veteran XX
OK lets say that your life depended on you winning a car race and you had to go up against a 1968 charger 440 (like in the movie Bullitt).

So what other 1968 muscle car would you pick to race the charger? It can only be a 1968 muscle car version.

Oh and what is your favorite 1960's muscle car?

27422.jpg

68_yenko_01.jpg

This would rip a 68 440 rt charger a new one without even breaking a sweat.

I have so many 'favorites' from the 60's muscle car era that I couldnt list them all

thats probably older by about year, looks like a 67. 65 cobras are more boxy looking. They look more like their sunbeam tiger predecessor.

In st. pete about a block over from where my mom used to live, there's a little old man, about 65-70ish that has a black cobra with silver stripes. Only gets it out on the weekends in the summer and its the only thing in his garage.

He will pull it out, cruise two streets over to 30th ave. which has a big long shot on it that runs down behind moms house. He will sit and wait until 38th clears, and you can hear him idle it out onto the road and get it pointed straight. The he will pull a holeshot, go through a couple gears pretty hard and let off. He will usually cruise around for about 30 minutes, and you can hear him rumbling all around the area, then put it back in the garage.

I checked it out one day when he had it outside cleaning it.
427, tube frame, real braided hoses, 4 wheel oversized disc brakes. Its practically a show car.

Back