Adults Handling Mean Comments on the Internet

Reggs

Veteran XX
I don't really watch this guy, but caught wind of this. He makes videos with little inventions with some vlog stuff. He became pretty popular and just quit YouTube over mean comments in the comments section.

I'm endlessly fascinated by how deeply effected adults are by internet comments. I always felt disconnected from these people probably because of Tribal War and just how the PC gaming community was in general in the 90s. If I could play Counter Strike when I was 12 with all the shit constantly posted in chat for hours on end in chat and be fine, I don't see how some balding grown ass man will cry on camera over this.

Even if the comments get to him, why tell people they hurt him and cry on camera about it? It just makes him look weak. He's married too. What his wife think of her husband crying on camera about mean comments? I assume her friends, family, father included see the videos. How does that make her feel? What a mess.

William Osman - YouTube

The human brain did not develop to handle the amount, volume and types of information the internet delivers. It's not "normal" to hear and see many things that are on the net.

The important thing is to stay in control. At the moment the internet begins to control you instead of the other way around, people run a risk of getting swept away.

He talks too much shit. If he had boobs and a vag he might be more tolerable.

Even if the comments get to him, why tell people they hurt him and cry on camera about it? It just makes him look weak. He's married too. What his wife think of her husband crying on camera about mean comments? I assume her friends, family, father included see the videos. How does that make her feel?

Its OK to cry in front of ur sister reggs let it all out.

I wouldn't throw away a successful youtube career because of some mean comments, but i get that it can get to you. Personally, i don't think it would do me much. The YouTube comment section is the cesspool of the internet. I mean even this place pales in comparison. ;)

I'm taking a shit right now so i thought ok I'll watch this guy's video for a minute.

"I make videos to entertain people"

No, dork, you make videos to get views and earn a paycheck. Weak fucking beta.

Ok I'm don't taking a shit. I did it to entertain people.

I wouldn't throw away a successful youtube career because of some mean comments, but i get that it can get to you. Personally, i don't think it would do me much. The YouTube comment section is the cesspool of the internet. I mean even this place pales in comparison. ;)

Tribal warriors are like Uruk Hai. Youtube commenters are the Snaga.

Snaga
iu

Uruk
iu

Last edited:
millennials were trained by woke priests to hate themselves and worship victims.

so yeah if you read mean words or hear mean sounds your life is over and you should express your victim score so that people can give you the points and attention you're craving.

this bs needs to be removed from public schools asap

4Chan once talked about deploying a drone with loud speaker over a BLM protest just blaring racist stuff. It would be the most funny thing ever if that happened.

4Chan once talked about deploying a drone with loud speaker over a BLM protest just blaring racist stuff. It would be the most funny thing ever if that happened.
actual racist stuff or things like "all people are equal"

No, dork, you make videos to get views and earn a paycheck.

it's this simple rly. it's a job and he's probably made 'fuck off' money, which seems to be possible in just a few years on yt. so he doesn't need to do it for the money anymore and only keeps doing it for the fun/commitment/popularity, and when that fades he peaces out.

not only do plenty of youtubers do this... all genres of entertainers do it (except maybe actors, who just get more and more selective about their roles). in fact everyone does it. you work until you make enough money to retire, then depending on how much you like your job/money you might continue working or ramp down until you finally decide to stop.

the reason this appears any different than every other case of early retirement is that 1. entertainers can make a ton of money very young and 2. entertainers are extremely visible and have an audience instead of co-workers.

as for why cry about mean comments, does it really matter? it probably just feels good to say walking out the door, like telling your boss to go fuck himself on your last day.

Back