"Life coaching" WTF is this shit?

Dr Dance

Veteran X
Seems to be the "latest popular scam" to drain money out of people.

But let's define it first:

"life coach
n.
A person who counsels or motivates others in the achievement of personal objectives such as choosing or changing careers, improving relationships, setting goals, and determining priorities.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
life coach
n
(Professions) a person whose job is to improve the quality of his or her client's life, by offering advice on professional and personal matters, such as career, health, personal relationships, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
life coach - An advisor who helps people with problems, decisions, and goal attainment in daily life.
See also related terms for problems."

Why have a "life coach" when we have tw?

LiveInspired.png

Last edited:
probably handy for many

In the last 20 years we have witnessed the general breakdown of family, personal friendships and society in general (thanks internet)

ppl just don't have those supportive people around anymore that can offer good life advice and encouragement. So you need to hire someone to tell you to stop checking facebook and clean your room instead, you'll feel better once it's done, honest.

keep swimming, keep swimming

maybe within the past year, i internalized the process of not using too much toothpaste?

I currently have at least 7 different types of shampoo/conditioner, maybe 8

and another on the way from Amazon

why the fuck do I need that? To go with the 6 varieties of toothpaste in the cupboard?

I need some life coaching

I do have great hair though

Factors that make this popular:

-Women want a job talking all day long, but dont want to invest in a degree.

-Women want to talk to someone all day, but don't want to pay the higher price for a psych.

-Life is so impersonal that people often grow up with no encouragement at all. Creating a market where people pay for it

Top two jobs women want: to be paid for having people pay attention to them and being paid to tell someone else how to live their life.

I've got several failed executive women friends that make crazy bank in this field. Every single one of them were fired from their jobs even tho their linked-in profiles don't reflect that.

Factors that make this popular:

-Women want a job talking all day long, but dont want to invest in a degree.

-Women want to talk to someone all day, but don't want to pay the higher price for a psych.

-Life is so impersonal that people often grow up with no encouragement at all. Creating a market where people pay for it

NEW! I <3 Talking About Kitten Poop Shirt | Kitten Lady

Cliffs: Women who love talking about kitten poop are shilling their tee shirt.

probably handy for many

In the last 20 years we have witnessed the general breakdown of family, personal friendships and society in general (thanks internet)

ppl just don't have those supportive people around anymore that can offer good life advice and encouragement. So you need to hire someone to tell you to stop checking facebook and clean your room instead, you'll feel better once it's done, honest.

keep swimming, keep swimming

This was a great post.

The religious have their pastors, priests, and rabbis for this. Live your best life and serve God.

The secular humanists have shrinks. But yes, they are very expensive. This could take years of cognitive therapy and drugs.

The leftists have antifa. Just blame Trump and hate American values.

The computer geeks have Q Anon. It's great to be a part of something bigger than yourself.

But these "specialty groups" are shrinking at an alarming rate. Like you say, the family structure has been undermined. Mom and Pop are no longer influential for many lives. Some "personal friends" are unwilling or unable to help out in a pinch with "the right thing to say."

And yes, there are "life coaches" who genuinely want to help... for a price. But on the whole, isn't this merely "one step removed" from fortune telling and palm reading?

Last edited:
Back