12 Hour Days: How Do You Feel?

I like my schedule now, I've got 7:30 to 4:00, the object is to feel accomplished but not be overly stressed

standard 8 - 5 shifts are almost unbearable. I'd much rather do the 36 / 48, or even better if i was in another occupation 2 weeks on 2 weeks off

failed would imply that you didn't complete your task.. so yeah kinda like your rebuttle really

it wasn't witty or clever and I am older than you so it wouldn't be possible anyway

ya, so 12 hour days works with maybe 4 hours of sleep in both areas or more?

I did that for 6-7 months with no ill effects. I actually worked 10 hour days with an hour and half commute before and after. So I "worked" closer to 15 hour days.

I won't do that again if I can help it. I basically came home, ate, slept, wokeup, ate, got ready, and left for work...and thats all i did during the week.

But my body handled it just fine as far as sleep goes.

i think there is some confusion
i'm not talking about going to work for 12+ hours
i'm talking about dividing your day into 2 12 days
I work 9-5:30, so i enjoy getting 5+ hours of sleep at night, getting up at 8 and working till 5:30
come home, work out and eat, pass out for 3 hours, get up and either go out or hang out, then go back to bed for the 5 hour haul.

it worked well in mexico and it's doing alright here now that i have a real think job.
so again, more like living on a 12 hour day planet and not working super gay long shifts

which i've also done and they are alright

I've done 14 hour shifts, and its certainly doable, it just eats into the time you'll be awake and at home.

After many many years of weird schedules or rotating shifts, there is certainly something to be said for a standard 8-5.

Good think my new job is offering flex time.

this

from whatever i read the recommended way was one long period of sleep , then ake up, then one or two short periods of sleep adding up to a total of 8 hours (So, 5 hours at ""night" and three during the "daY" or similar)

I did that for 6-7 months with no ill effects. I actually worked 10 hour days with an hour and half commute before and after. So I "worked" closer to 15 hour days.

I won't do that again if I can help it. I basically came home, ate, slept, wokeup, ate, got ready, and left for work...and thats all i did during the week.

But my body handled it just fine as far as sleep goes.

this is my schedule starting next week, ive done it before for a 4 month period and yeah literally all I did was work eat and sleep then work again, this time it could be 6-8 months though

was find unless i went out and got hammered then I never woke up

Back