[Lord of the Rings] THE MESSAGE...

im sorry but the breakfast club like most 80s movies is awful

thank god wokeness is saving us from having to watch this trash

really because all me and my friends did was make fun of that movie not being about godzilla…people haaaated that becuase of *checks notes* all the ridiculous changes they made for seemingly no reason

I didn't like the movie but I just wanted to make a gender joke cause it felt topical to the thread.

Godzilla 98 is bad for a lot of different reasons not just the monster being boring. If Godzilla flash fried people and was punishing mankind for nuclear stuff than all the asexual stuff would have been no big deal.

We got jipped though cause the 94' Dabont Godzilla would have been a lot better but still typical summer popcorn trash. We would have had our fill with monster battles.

The actual maquette made for the movie...

1f559a693246b81255b18a3bdb106899.jpg

Maquette for the gryphon monster that was supposed to be in the movie...

gryphonmaquette03aw.jpg

Fight was supposed to take place at the WTC and they knocked a tower over in the fight. Studio thought it was too expensive and wanted to force Emmerich to make it and he didn't even want to in the first place. But ID4 made cash registers go off in their eyeballs.

Goonies would be a hard reboot to pull off. You'd have to entirely rewrite Chunk and Sloth, can't have either. Data would be iffy, too stereotypical. Mikey's asthma couldn't be portrayed as a hinderance either, and they'd have to omit him being sexually assaulted. The main antagonists being an evil white family and evil rich people are still ok though.

They fired their Tolkien expert... the person hired to make sure they are faithful to the source material... for criticizing them for... wait for it... not remaining faithful to the source material.

So they fired him.

The American release of the current teaser trailer is currently ratio'd 60k likes to 260,000 dislikes on a video with almost 10 million views.

Tom Shippey is considered the preeminent Tolkien scholar and was hired by Amazon for the show. Shippey has written more books on Tolkien and his work than anyone else. When he began informing Payne & McKay (the showrunners) that they were "polluting the lore" and criticized them for including nudity they promptly found an excuse to dismiss him.

Tom Shippey has been studying Tolkien longer than either Payne or his best friend McKay have been alive. They have 1 writing credit between them... and it's Star Trek Beyond.

So yeah... I'd say there is smoke on the horizon...

but really it's because of the coloureds

Middle Earth = White Atlantis.

Although the sea raiders that rolled in at the end of ROTK could be POC, no problem with that.

Well now, Brer Harfoot had made friends with Old Man Gollumon, a big fellow that lived in the pond near his house. Brer Harfoot and Old Man Gollumon liked to pull tricks on Brer Wizard, and that rascally fellow got pretty mad about it.

Since he couldn't catch Brer Harfoot nohow, Brer Wizard decided that he'd get even with Old Man Gollumon instead. He started walking beside the pond every day, hoping to find the fellow out of the water.

One morning, as he was taking his daily stroll, Brer Wizard saw Old Man Gollumon sitting right in the center of the road. The old fellow looked hot and bothered about something. He kept shaking his head back and forth and he was panting like he was out of breath.

"Howdy, Brer Gollumon," said Brer Wizard, stopping beside the old fellow. "What's the matter wid you?"
"I was a-strolling in the field beside my pond when the farmer came along and set it on fire," Old Man Gollumon gasped. "I had to run and run, but that ol' fire was faster than me, so I curled up in my shell while it passed right over me! My shell is hotter than the noon-day sun, and I think I done singed my tail!"
"Let me have a look," said Brer Wizard. So Old Man Gollumon uncurled his tail and poked it out of his shell. Immediately, Brer Wizard grabbed him by the tail and swung him right off the ground.
"I gotcha now, Brer Gollumon," cried Brer Wizard. "You ain't gonna bother me no more!"

Well, Old Man Gollumon begged and begged Brer Wizard not to drown him. He'd rather go back into the fire in the field on account of he'd kind of gotten used to being burned.

Brer Wizard swung the poor old fellow back and forth by his tail, trying to decide what to do. Putting Old Man Gollumon into the fire was a tempting idea, but then he remembered how the old fellow had curled up into his shell so the fire couldn't touch him. Brer Wizard frowned. Fire was no good, then.
Brer Wizard decided to drown Old Man Gollumon instead. He tucked the fellow under his arm and carried him down to the springhouse by the pond.

"Please, oh please don't drown me," Old Man Gollumon begged.
"I ain't making no promises," Brer Wizard retorted. "You've played too many tricks on me, Brer Gollumon."
Brer Wizard thrust him into the water and began bouncing him up and down.
"Oh, I is drowning," shouted Old Man Gollumon when his head bounced out of the water. "Don't let go of my tail, Brer Wizard or I'll be drowned for sure!"
"That's the idea, Brer Gollumon," Brer Wizard yelled back and let go of his tail.

Immediately Old Man Gollumon splashed down and down into the water and thumped onto the mud on the bottom, kerplicky-splat.

That's when Brer Wizard remembered that Old Man Gollumon lived in the pond, and there was never any fear of him drowning, nohow! He could hear him laughing from the bottom of the pond: "I-dare-ya-ta- come-down-'ere".
Brer Wizard jumped up and down in fury. Old Man Gollumon had escaped him!
From the other side of the pond, Brer Bull Frog called out: "Knee-deep! Knee-deep!"

Brer Wizard glared at the pond, and then looked back at Brer Bull Frog. "It's only knee-deep?" he asked suspiciously.

"Knee-deep, knee-deep!" Brer Bull Frog said again.
All the little frogs joined in the chorus then. "Better-believe-it! Better-believe-it!"
Well, thought Brer Wizard, if it was only knee deep, then he'd have no trouble catching Old Man Gollumon.
"Wade-in, wade-in!" croaked Brer Bull Frog.
"Knee-deep, knee-deep!" agreed all the little frogs.
Brer Wizard didn't much like water, but he really wanted to catch Old Man Gollumon. He approached the edge of the pond cautiously. From underneath the water, Old Man Gollumon laughed at him, and his words bubbled up to Brer Wizard: "I-dare-ya-ta- come-down-'ere! I-dare-ya-ta- come-down-'ere."
Well. That did it. Brer Wizard ran right up to the edge of the pond. Leaning over, he looked into the water and saw another fox staring at him.
"Dat's-your-brother! Dat's-your-brother," Brer Bull Frog told Brer Wizard.
Brer Wizard was thrilled. He didn't know he had a brother. Now that there were two foxes, catching Old Man Gollumon would be a cinch! Brer Wizard leaned down to shake hands with his new-found brother, and toppled right down into the deep water of the pond.

All of the frogs laughed and laughed at the trick they had played on Brer Wizard, and Old Man Gollumon started swimming up from the bottom of the pond, his red eyes fixed on Brer Wizard's tail. Brer Wizard knew that the old fellow wanted to pull him down under that water and drown him, so he learned to swim mighty quick! With much splashing and squirming and kicking, Brer Wizard made it to the edge of the pond, where he jumped out and ran away as fast as he could, while Brer Bull Frog laughed and the little frogs shouted with glee.

The last thing he heard as he rounded the corner was the voice of Old Man Gollumon calling: "I-dare-ya-ta- come-down-'ere".

Brer Wizard never messed with Old Man Gollumon again.

plus leftists keep trying to tell me that black people are too stupid to even know where the dmv is, nm saving for disney

Back