Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learning curve in Tribes has always been too high for mainstream audiences. A single veteran player can decimate an entire pub of noobs by themselves, and it's not something you learn how to do yourself in a few days.

This will be lame.

A game designed for both PC and XBox. This means the PC game will be dumbed down, worse than T:V even ( which is hard to believe ).

Shit engine. Not necessarily true, but for a Tribes game, no thanks.

Paper Rocks Scissors. This was meant to be funny I'm sure, but it's lame, and not funny. Please take the franchise seriously.

Scripting / Modding. What's kept Tribes / Tribes 2 going for all these years will be absent. Calling this now. This will be a rushed product with a shitty console port feeling.

Paper Rocks Scissors. This was meant to be funny I'm sure, but it's lame, and not funny.

yeah it was pretty weird when I paused the video and saw that shit on the screen..... Also the beagle chasin dsword image... its so anime.... it reminds me of this

Well, I'll wait for a game play video for further comments.

GA is awful. i was a tester. im signed to be a tester for ascend.

i will not hold my breath.

this is going to be what sf4 was to sf3:3s. a watered down easy to play game that artificially caps the skill so no one can get incredibly good. add to that rpg elements and it'll be a clusterfuck.

tribes can't be mainstreamed without making it something other than tribes.

Last edited:
After reading two pages on this thread, I hereby retire from ever reading it again. It doesn't matter, no one will ever please you fuckers. Play the game or don't. No one cares why you think the game will be shitty.

This is a microcosm of nearly every tribes related thread since 2004.

After reading two pages on this thread, I hereby retire from ever reading it again. It doesn't matter, no one will ever please you fuckers. Play the game or don't. No one cares why you think the game will be shitty.

Did you seriously expect anything else?

It's okay to discuss, though, right? The mere thought of a Tribes game with a console derivative is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

This means design will unquestionably be stripped in favor of the console. One code-base, one development team, one shitty end product that works on both console / pc. That's just how it works, unfortunately. Too bad Tribes isn't a console game.

Learning curve in Tribes has always been too high for mainstream audiences. A single veteran player can decimate an entire pub of noobs by themselves, and it's not something you learn how to do yourself in a few days.

I have to agree with this.

It's okay to discuss, though, right? The mere thought of a Tribes game with a console derivative is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

This means design will unquestionably be stripped in favor of the console. One code-base, one development team, one shitty end product that works on both console / pc. That's just how it works, unfortunately. Too bad Tribes isn't a console game.

I think I might be the only person on this forum who has played every iteration of Tribes and enjoyed each one. (yes, this includes t:aa on ps2.) Some I enjoyed a little more than others, but each one of them felt like Tribes to me and I was happy enough with it.

The only thing that matters to me is this: There are still no games out which can give you that same FPS euphoria you get when you hit an MA disc, long range mortar, perfect ski route, etc etc the list goes on. *incoming "so play t1 or t2 again"* Each time I try to jump back into it, I get shit on by vets who never stopped playing. I'm interested in starting over with everyone else who know the dynamics, but hasn't mastered every element of the game. Also getting some of my friends to play who weren't really into gaming back in the T1/T2 days.

Who really KNOWS what this game will play like... It really seems like other companies are learning from other's mistakes. MW2 without dedicated servers, BC2 and their shitty move from console to PC (controls were wonky.. which was later fixed.)

My only concern are the controls. But it's not enough for me to sit here and bitch about, because I haven't seen it! I'm excited that someone is trying to bring back the series. I just want to fly around and shoot people in the air. A new game, with new tactics, and new maps means new players too.

It just baffles me that so many of you want this(a remake)... But the moment someone tries, that same group is on board to shit all over it. It's apparently cool for people in a forum originally made for tribes to hate tribes.

I think I might be the only person on this forum who has played every iteration of Tribes and enjoyed each one. (yes, this includes t:aa on ps2.) Some I enjoyed a little more than others, but each one of them felt like Tribes to me and I was happy enough with it.

The only thing that matters to me is this: There are still no games out which can give you that same FPS euphoria you get when you hit an MA disc, long range mortar, perfect ski route, etc etc the list goes on. *incoming "so play t1 or t2 again"* Each time I try to jump back into it, I get shit on by vets who never stopped playing. I'm interested in starting over with everyone else who know the dynamics, but hasn't mastered every element of the game. Also getting some of my friends to play who weren't really into gaming back in the T1/T2 days.

Who really KNOWS what this game will play like... It really seems like other companies are learning from other's mistakes. MW2 without dedicated servers, BC2 and their shitty move from console to PC (controls were wonky.. which was later fixed.)

My only concern are the controls. But it's not enough for me to sit here and bitch about, because I haven't seen it! I'm excited that someone is trying to bring back the series. I just want to fly around and shoot people in the air. A new game, with new tactics, and new maps means new players too.

It just baffles me that so many of you want this(a remake)... But the moment someone tries, that same group is on board to shit all over it. It's apparently cool for people in a forum originally made for tribes to hate tribes.
Didn't read past the first sentence. Because I too enjoyed every iteration of tribes. Just so happens that Tribes 1 was the best one.

Because, everyone loved Tribes / Tribes 2, and no one has been able to reproduce what those were to us.

The game play, the feel, the ability to customize the UI, sounds, and skins, etc...

So yeah, people pick it apart when it doesn't meet their expectations.

I didn't realize that we had so many Tribes 2 homers on this site. T2 was a shit game and anyone who played T1 during its prime will agree. This game will fail just as all of the others have. The people who want T1 with better graphics will never get it because the learning curve is too extreme for the casual gamer, and the casual gamer is who companies make money off of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back