My vegan liberal wife wants a gun...

Sigh. People recommending a shotgun as "best" for home defense are ignorant. Also people making such stupid statements as you don't have to aim need to take their prized tacticool mossberg out to a range and see exactly the pattern size it will shoot. It's a lot smaller than you think, especially at a range of only 10 feet or closer. Thirdly, a small frail vegan liberal protein starved woman can't handle the recoil of a 12 gauge pump loaded with 3" 00 buck. Especially one with pistol grips.

A small semi-auto in 9MM is the correct choice in this example.

Get a shitload of rocks out of the garden. Teach the cow how to throw a fucking rock. Cheap as chips. Sorted.

in a breaking and entering situation, especially at night, she will not be able to aim properly. that's why I recommend keeping grenades in the nightstand.

Just boobytrap the doors and windows with a few pounds of Semtex.

That way you avoid the possibility of lawsuits.

ruger_blued.jpg

I won't argue shotgun vs handgun

But I've always liked glock handguns, and you can probably get a gen3 17/19/26 for discounted since the gen4 just came out (minor upgrades).

I'm probably going to pickup a 26 gen4 soon

But like someone said, get what you're comfortable with (and what is proven to be reliable).

Can you install a webcam in your house so we get video when someone breaks in and she can't pick the heavy gun up because she has no protein in her.

Just kill her and strike first. Save the gun money for a backhoe rental and bury the body.

I like the way you are thinking here but attention to detail now can pay off down the road.

Rent at least a 1.5 yard excavator (a PC300 would be perfect) and dig a hole big enough to bury her inside her vehicle. She obviously skipped town, amirite?

Back