Jeff Bezos goes to space

Laws need to be enforced to conserve a democratic nation.

Spoiler

I think a lot of people who hate on Bezos are simply jealous that they'll never build something anywhere near as impactful as Amazon, nor do they have the vision to dream big and go to space.

In regard to him being exploitive, no one forced us all to buy from Amazon.

This...

he's not successful, he's exploitative. I know there's a sublte difference that your primitive mind cannot grasp. It's ok, go work on his line.

I don't remember anyone being forced into amazon's hiring office by gunpoint, pretty sure they don't keep people there by force...so how is he 'exploitive'?

I worked for a place many years ago that did tech support for Ernst & Young. One of the biggest corporate accounting firms around. We supported 75,000 world wide customers. Do you know what they paid in 2005? $10. Do you know the reason the owner gave when asked why they only paid $10? "Because people will work for $10"

Whoever put it in the minds of people today that companies are created and run solely for the benefit of workers has lied to you. They care about profit. EVERY company cares about profit and labor is usually the largest part of a company's overhead and the comparably easiest to reduce.

most efficient way 2 reduce labor overhead is 2 fire or issue pay cuts 2 the executives, then work ur way down the tree

~trickle down~ u kno

eliminate the hr department, that's like 98% of every company's labor rite their and they don't do SHIT

Amazon's workers shit in diapers, piss in bottles and die of heat exhaustion because this bald nigger doesn't want to pay for AC. Then he flies off to space for a leisure ride. What a tone deaf nigger. Capitalism is a disease. Jeff Bezos is a bloated tick.

I think a lot of people who hate on Bezos are simply jealous that they'll never build something anywhere near as impactful as Amazon, nor do they have the vision to dream big and go to space.

In regard to him being exploitive, no one forced us all to buy from Amazon.

I agree to a certain point, and covid kind of did force us to buy from Amazon since no one else has the shipping capacity that they do.

lol you partake in the system instead of living in the woods, checkmate commie -florida man logic

I agree to a certain point, and covid kind of did force us to buy from Amazon since no one else has the shipping capacity that they do.

That's fair. My family does most of our shopping at Costco. During the height of lockdown, I was able to skip to the front of the line there, which was helpful. We buy from Amazon, but it's non-essential products.

I don't remember anyone being forced into amazon's hiring office by gunpoint, pretty sure they don't keep people there by force...so how is he 'exploitive'?...

These sorts of things are why trade unions formed. Yes, companies don't exist for the sake of their workers. That's why unions formed. Unfortunately, money talks and those who have enough of it to build their own personal space shops have managed to erode labour laws and chip away at rights that have been hard earned in the past, and use that power to crush anyone trying to get a better deal.

Take a look at the shot that Amazon has done to fight attempts at unionising and you might start to see why he's so despised by so many.

Last edited:
Summary: Amazon Anti-Union Activities in Bessemer Alabama

The union election outcome in Bessemer was not unexpected given the level of control that Amazon exercises in its facilities, its apparent willingness to violate its own human rights pledges, and the ease with which it could exploit the weaknesses of labor law in the United States.

As detailed in the statement, Amazon’s union avoidance campaign included:

• Hiring Morgan Lewis & Bockius, a prominent union avoidance law firm;
  • Launching regular, repeated, mandatory “captive audience” meetings where management personnel spoke to workers against unionizing during work time;
  • Setting up a website http://www.doitwithoutdues.com to deliver anti-union messages;
  • Posting anti-union posters around the facility including in bathroom stalls (see below);
  • Sending anti-union text messages to workers (see below) and Amazon-produced anti-union videos for social media;
  • Making it harder for the union to talk to workers as they left the facility by having the county government shorten the red light at the facility’s entrance;
  • Pushing the United States Postal Service to install a mailbox on its property and mailing instructions to workers to “vote no” using the box ;
  • Allegedly monitoring employee listservs and social media groups after the NLRB ruled that Amazon could not install a ballot collection box at the facility;
  • Training managers to look for warning signs that workers are planning to form a union, and using mapping software that can visually track union organizing activity.

MVSixRG.jpg

ajMSMTR.jpg

CWC Statement for Investors on the Union Election at Amazon’s Facility in Bessemer, Alabama - Committee on Workers' Capital

bruh, i worked in 1 of those union shops when i was a safeway employee in high school

the union is a fking criminal god damned scam worse than amazon itself

they coerce workers into joining (at my store it was by flat out lying to people, telling them that they had to join to keep the job), collect dues from them (which invariably leaves the entry level minimum wage workers w/ less-than-minimum-wage income) for a year before allowing them any union benefits or protections and consistently fail to respond to member complaints about management violation of labor laws and/or labor agreements with the union

it's straight up mafioso protection racket horseshit

it takes a lot to be worse for workers than an employer like amazon or walmart, and the union is indeed worse -- more insidious, more malicious, more devoid of conscience -- than those employers

Back