[OFFICIAL] College Basketball 2009

yeah i dont know who in the fuck thought wvu was appropriately ranked at 6 but that was ridiculous

Shoutout to special-k's UCLA bruins for losing to a very crappy team.

I thought for sure u of a would get worked but it looks like u guys suck more than we do.

ya we suck ass this year

too much talent lost over the last few seasons and these new kids are just SOFT

The Pac-10 sucks so bad that we'll probably still come in 3rd or 4th though

Making the tourney might require a miracle in the Pac-10 tourney at the end of the year

USC just announced self-imposed sanctions on its basketball program effective immidiately including a ban on post season play, loss of scholarships for the next two seasons and reduction of available recruiting days

Seems like they are sacrificing their B-ball program to the NCAA in an effort to protect football from harsh penalties

Anyway...in what is a TERRIBLE year for the PAC-10, SC seemed like they could have actually won the conference and gone to the tourney whn nobody expected them to.
Not happening now.

Pac 10 will struggle sadly. But yet again, the Big East will have 10 of the best teams in the country and still only get 7 in because they all beat each other up. Oh well. Pitt looks pretty beastly with their last two road wins.

Mid-Major Watch: URI had an incredible non-conference schedule. Let's see if they can avoid crumbling at the end of the season in conference like last year.

pac 10 is always weak in basketball though

What are you smoking?

Before last season, the PAC-10 absolutely DOMINATED the college b-ball landscape. Look at how many high draft picks came out of the conference over the past 5 years.

It's a cyclical thing, conferences go up and down and right now the Pac-10 is recovering from losing an insane amount of NBA talent.

What are you smoking?

Before last season, the PAC-10 absolutely DOMINATED the college b-ball landscape. Look at how many high draft picks came out of the conference over the past 5 years.

It's a cyclical thing, conferences go up and down and right now the Pac-10 is recovering from losing an insane amount of NBA talent.

This.

I guess I'll revive this thread for the 2009-2010 Season (Usually called 2010 season)

I disagree with the Pac10's Dominance:

Here's some data for kenpom's average league strength (2004 through this current season)
Code:
	04	05	06	07	08	09	10	average
Pac 10	9	6	5	4	2	1	6	 4.71 
ACC	1	1	3	1	3	2	1	 1.71 
B.East	4	2	1	5	4	3	3	 3.14 
SEC	2	4	2	2	6	6	5	 3.86 
B12	3	3	6	6	1	4	2	 3.57 
B10	5	5	4	3	5	5	4	 4.43

Elite 8 Teams for the same period
Code:
	04	05	06	07	08	09	10	Total E8 teams
Pac 10	0	1	1	2	1	0		5
ACC	2	1	0	1	1	1		6
B.East	1	2	2	1	1	4		11
SEC	1	1	2	1	0	0		5
B12	2	0	1	1	2	2		8
B10	0	3	0	1	0	1		5

and National Champions:

Code:
	National Champ
Pac 10	0
ACC	2
B.East	1
SEC	2
B12	1
B10	0

where is this dominance? they look like a lower middling BCS conference... still one of the strongest but no better than 4-6th

I also am a member at BracketScience.com - NCAA Tournament Basketball Stats - March Madness

Pete Tiernan's stuff is a little hokey and he doesn't always understand causation/correlation but some of his stuff is interesting and there are some good databases...

Here is his list of possible champs based on his historical 6 factors that have gone 17/19 in the last 19 tournaments

Have the credentials:

Kansas
Texas
Duke
Nova
Syracuse
UNC
Mich State

Borderlines:

Purdue (painter never been far enough)
Tennessee (Pearl never been far enough)
Kentucky (didn't make the tournament last year, thus miss tourney experience)

Closest misses:

teams that fit except don't score enough:

wisconsin, wvu and uconn (no way uconn wins)

Back