[MEGATHREAD] Modern Warfare 2

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I'll probably switch to the ninja perk to avoid those damn heartbeat sensors eventually, but it will be awhile before I'm a high enough level.

They were already able to hack servers on the PC version and multiplayer should be hacked soon as well. I'm willing to bet this is going to be the largest underground community soon enough unless IW enables the dedicated server code that's already written in the game.

Also here's an amazing knife throw kill. This video already got 1.2 mil+ views, it's insane. I bet this guy will be making a some decent bucks from youtube shortly.

I'm using the FAMAS right now because I just unlocked all the SCAR attachments, I've been doing just fine with the ironsights. I just got the FAL last night so I'm curious to see how that works (though no one seems to like it).

Is it just me or are the assault weapons really OP in this game? I can practically snipe with them and they work almost as well in close quarters as SMGs; and since there are no 100% close quarter maps (like Vacant) why not use an AR.

The Famas is nasty from anywhere except short range (I'm not high enough level for the M16 yet).

Famas + red dot has gotten me a lot of kills.

The Scar is ok. It works on just about any map but doesn't really excel at anything.

I'm using the FAMAS right now because I just unlocked all the SCAR attachments, I've been doing just fine with the ironsights. I just got the FAL last night so I'm curious to see how that works (though no one seems to like it).

Is it just me or are the assault weapons really OP in this game? I can practically snipe with them and they work almost as well in close quarters as SMGs; and since there are no 100% close quarter maps (like Vacant) why not use an AR.

i was able to snipe with an AR + red dot in cod4. on one of the urban maps (i think invasion) i've been using an SMG and just run through the buildings - it works out pretty well

They were already able to hack servers on the PC version and multiplayer should be hacked soon as well. I'm willing to bet this is going to be the largest underground community soon enough unless IW enables the dedicated server code that's already written in the game.

Also here's an amazing knife throw kill. This video already got 1.2 mil+ views, it's insane. I bet this guy will be making a some decent bucks from youtube shortly.

Luckiest shit I've ever seen.

after a few days

this game is horrible

COD4 was miles better

Not sure how you can say its 'miles' better; its basically the same thing with new guns. My only real problem with the game is some of the maps are just too busy (too much crap in them).

Of course I haven't played anything but multiplayer.

dunno, I'm playing on the PC and really digging the game (except for lack of dedicated servers) - I'm only at level 14, so still have a ton of shit to unlock

ACR with Extended Mags and Scavenger.

Glad they decided to overpower the M16 again and now every noob on the planet is going to be running around with Red Dot Silencers.

the pro versions of perks actually do something? i thought they just gave you more XP

97208296.jpg

playing on pc is fun but im still getting used to the maps

died a lot on maps like favela because im always looking at the radar and trying to figure out which buildings you can get on top of, etc

i also never used m16 in cod4 on pc but for some reason i can't stop using the famas

Steam Community :: ID :: surge.tw

add me

I like this much better than COD4. I thought the COD4 maps sucked ass. They were too claustrophobic with choke points. It had no depth. It was just a twitch and spam fest at the main choke point of the map.

MW2 can get a little "spammy" with all the airstrikes, choppers, predators, etc, but other than that it is much more fun. You can at least flank and come up with different strategies for most maps. You can also use different weapons and still be effective.

Back