[SONG] Kurayami Town [SONG]

wow. i just searched on facebook for his name and found the pic thats so prevalent on here. is that someone who made a fake account i guess or is it really him?

What's the link? I'll add it.

EDIT: NM, found it.

p.s. would you mind crediting me in the notes on youtube? I hate to sound like a diva.

I was going to ask you who I should credit. old_skul or your real name, and Sass (or her real name). PM me :)

bump. this is too good to let it slip. i've listened to it a few times, and it's catchy.

Thanks Rich.

I actually put way more time into it than I thought I would. I was having fun with some new toys I got. I wrote the lyrics in maybe 20 minutes, then Sass helped me out with some lyrics and smoothing things out. I came up with the basic melody, but Sass had some key input on how to sing certain lines.

I used my new-to-me 70's Lab Series L5 amp. I fucking love the thick sound.

Skyler, just credit old_skul & Sass.

Also: I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, since it's old news, but I did an acoustic mix of FOURSTAR. It's in my sig.

theres enough material here for a small album

i mean how long did it take you to write and record 'kurayami town'

theres enough material here for a small album

i mean how long did it take you to write and record 'kurayami town'

Lyrics: 20 minutes + 10 minutes polish
Music: 10 minutes for the chord progression; 10 minutes for some of the accompanying melodies; 30 minutes for the bass part (I suck!) and 10 minutes for the drums
Arrangement: 30 minutes worth of research, just listening to arrangements of similar songs, 5 minutes worth of actual arrangement

Practice: probably 60 minutes worth of vocal + guitar practice over a week; 60 minutes of drums, probably 60 minutes on bass.

Recording: I did several recordings. 2 scratch recordings in the living room. 3 scratch recordings in the studio, just feeling it out. Then I performed the actual parts with one of those scratch recordings. Total time recording: 4 hours. I did it all this past Sunday, including mixing/mastering. I recorded a good scratch, then overdubbed the drums, then the bass, then the guitar, then the 2nd electric, then the acoustics, then the vocals, then Sass' vocals.

Mixing/Mastering: 60 minutes total.

Looking at the actual time: probably around 10 hours total. If I got paid for stuff like this, it'd be like $500. Commercial jingle and songwriters get paid like that. I know guys who make a lot more than that.

But I love you guys so I do it for the laughs.

dude it's not like I spent time carving EQ and shit

it's a joke song

if the music is together enough to support the lyrics then great

if the music sounds good then even better

dude it's not like I spent time carving EQ and shit

it's a joke song

if the music is together enough to support the lyrics then great

if the music sounds good then even better

i know but for cheap laughs you couldve done far less with the same quality

I guess I have a certain baseline for quality...honestly, I was jacking around with some new gear and this was the perfect excuse to really turn it out straight.

didn't read the thread

but that song was fucking awesome

reminded me of rasputina mixed with downhome folk

Back