More Movies You Should (or Shouldn't) See

Rutger Hauer's the goat. Basically the only real "movie star" we've ever had in our country.

Space Sweepers

Actually a really good movie. This is a S. Korean movie and honestly i was really surprised with the quality/effects. I saw one with english dubbed and because many of the characters are either robots or in some kind of mask, you really can't tell that its dubbed unless you're paying very close attention to some of the 'regular' humans.

Nobody actors in it that i've ever seen, but worth the watch

Rutger Hauer's the goat. Basically the only real "movie star" we've ever had in our country.

That scene was one of the best ever. I tear up watching it. He didn't even do it as written; he just improvised the "tears in rain. Time to die" all on his own.

I have met Cesar Zuiderwijk and had beers with him (the Tears For Fears guys were also there and doing cocaine, so wasn't comfy), in Saint Jerome pub, Den Haag. But Cesar was mad cool. We got drunk. End.

Last edited:
Found out my wife had never seen the Truman Show. We fixed that this weekend.

The Outfit and Nightmare Alley are worth watching also.

True Story: I had(along with like a dozen others) dinner with Jim while they were filming Truman show(was mostly shot outside and around Panama City.) I was like 12, but all I remember was him being a dick to the waitress.

Added 2 blade runners to my queue plus something I didn't know existed - The Little Prince (1974). <<Some of my paintings are based on that book

One more fact to remember: He'd council immigrants to integrate into his country. Can't be more of a shabbos goy than that. You see the progression from sociology in college to turning him into a total cuck of a man.

Best to keep these things in mind should he share any more opinions about politics or culture in the future.

In Netherlands he's probably quite centrist or moderate leftist. Very reasonable.

It's just that the left in US is not left at all. So a moderate leftist from Europe or Scandinavia appears as radical left for you US people.

Sehvi is like Bernie pretty much.

He'd council immigrants to integrate into his country.

Kinda sucks that I'm stuck with 70/80 hr workweeks at the moment or else I would've definitely signed up for a volunteering program helping Ukrainian refugees. Hopefully later this summer. :sunny:

Full Metal Jacket and Saving Private Ryan are back on Netflix. Both definitely work a rewatch if you haven't seen them in a while. Pretty fun on a 75" TV with some good sound.

Absolutely.

Give Platoon a rewatch

and if you can cope, Apocalypse Now in big screen with big sound is pretty amazing

Back