Cataclysm Beta, and the keyloggers fury renews.

Hello,
A Character Faction Change is now pending for the World of Warcraft account _____@gmail.com. Please allow several days for the faction change process to complete. An email will be sent to you when it is done. You can also track the status of your request by signing into the Transaction page here: http://support.blizzard.factionconfirm.us/faction-change-status.html.

Below is a summary of the transaction, which you may want to keep for your records.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
World of Warcraft Account Name:____@gmail.com
TRANSACTION ID: 62186407
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note the following additional information:
- This account is not available for play while the faction change is pending.
- If you did not make this transaction, you should immediately check your account to prevent character lost.
- This account cannot change factions again until 3 days have elapsed.
- You can review this and other Account Management transactions by logging into Account Management and going to your Transactions page at https://support.blizzard.factionconfirm.us/faction-change-status.html.
- For more details on Character Faction Change, refer to the Character Faction Change FAQ located at Blizzard Support.
You can find World of Warcraft Account Management at: Battle.net Account Login
We hope you enjoy your new faction!
Regards,
The World of Warcraft Team
Blizzard Entertainment

Well now they moved their shit to in-game whispers. I got two last night, about 5 minutes apart, in extremely broken English proclaiming other players had a problem with me and I had to go to said site or I will be suspended within the hour.

I mean honestly, if you are going to fucking do that at the very least look like you know proper English grammar.

They like to brute-force your password so they can reclaim the Battle.net account again later and steal all your shit a second time.

Most people who use Gmail (for Battle.net) are too stupid or too lazy to realize that their e-mail is compromised so they get hacked multiple times. And they probably use the same password for both.

Plus it takes a while to reclaim a Gmail account. You can't just call them like you'd call your ISP. You have to fill out a web form and hope that your old e-mail is still accessible while you wait for them to investigate the compromise.

I've used gmail for my battle.net account since its inception and I haven't had any problems. Then again I also bought and use an authenticator since those came out so that is probably what is keeping it at bay.

I think he's trying to say it's better to use ISP emails than public emails?

Otherwise I don't see why Gmail would be any less secure than Hotmail or Yahoo?

odds are that isp emails are less secure simply because gmail has way more people publicly testing it and therefore hardening it.

I have never had a problem with my gmail account. In fact I created a separate one with a unique password just for battle.net alone. Always had an authenticator since they came out as well.

I did notice my old hotmail account that used to be tied to wow gets a lot of that fake account security and other BS spam.

i'm amazed at how the authenticator both annoys the shit out of me and makes me feel protected at the same time

Hello!
More recently, an account of the invasion of the players is increasingly enormous players'equipments poor and virtual money stolen. This seriously damaged the interests of the masses of players, but also the company lost many customers.
The company has taken some measures to safeguard our common interests, to strengthen the masses players'accounts Anquan, firmly resist the account stolen again.Through our corporate research and investigation to the XXX customers, we will make the following decisions: We introduce a software package to strengthen the system update the code and dynamic code protection card, which can effectively prevent the invasion of the account. We will send this code protection system package of players for free.
Please open this link: http://us-battlewowaccountr.net/log...ow/2Fdashboard.htmlapp=bamlocale=en_UScr=true
If your account by check is successful, we will send in this form of electronic dynamic code card package to protect your e-mail.
3 days after you receive the email, if you do not submit your information, we have the right to freeze your account, each player has a responsibility to protect the security of your account. You must join us in the game determined to combat all acts of sabotage.
If you have verified your account, please ignore this automatic notification.
Regards,
World of Warcraft Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment
http://us-battlewowaccountr.net/login/en/?ref

its not

people are retarded

data wants to blame gmail

People are stupid, and that's really the root of the problem.

I'm not blaming Gmail at all. I use Gmail regularly. I'm saying don't use it for your Battle.net account, specifically because the hackers are targeting Gmail and creating a situation where WoW accounts are compromised multiple times.

It's ridiculously easy to take over a Gmail account.

i'm amazed at how the authenticator both annoys the shit out of me and makes me feel protected at the same time

It's a sentiment I have seen from more than a few WoW players. Mainly they feel "cheated" for paying for something that seems to now be necessary. Like you shouldn't need to to buy one, but with all the hacker problems you feel you have to or it's going to happen.

The coworker I know who was hacked lost it due to the invulnerability in Adobe flash some months ago, and even when I get hack emails I ghost over the "official" link and notice it's being re-directed elsewhere.

It's a sentiment I have seen from more than a few WoW players. Mainly they feel "cheated" for paying for something that seems to now be necessary. Like you shouldn't need to to buy one, but with all the hacker problems you feel you have to or it's going to happen.

The coworker I know who was hacked lost it due to the invulnerability in Adobe flash some months ago, and even when I get hack emails I ghost over the "official" link and notice it's being re-directed elsewhere.

i never bought anything

its a free app on the iphone

what blotter said. its free on a lot of mobile phones.

you and your "friends" are fucking retarded.

Back