Dear Climate Change Deniers

Peer reviewed papers hypothesizing global cooling in the near future can be counted on one hand.

Peer reviewed papers hypothesizing global warming are countless.

Hedge your bets appropriately.

that doesn't necessarily mean anything

there are journals upon journals of peer-reviewed bullshit in exercise science, and i'm sure it's not the only field suffering from poor research

Exercise physiology is one notch higher than psychology. It's kind of like science. .it looks a lot like science, but it's still in the kinda-sorta category, in my opinion. Atmospheric science goes decades deeper, and possesses many times the amount of data.

from minute 0 to minute 1

ipcc_ar5_draft_fig1-7_methane.png

clip_image004_thumb2.png

The skeptics are apparently the only ones that UNDERSTAND science. If theory disagrees with observation, then theory is wrong!

here is some real science for you.

Last edited:
Exercise physiology is one notch higher than psychology. It's kind of like science. .it looks a lot like science, but it's still in the kinda-sorta category, in my opinion. Atmospheric science goes decades deeper, and possesses many times the amount of data.

i agree, but the problem with climate science is that it's impossible to test anything

all that can be done is run simulations with data

so while it may look like there's a correlation (from the extremely small amount of data collected in comparison to the history of the Earth), who can really say?

a lot of the climate research i've seen disregards anomalies, whereas other, hard sciences would typically go "ok.. things may not be as they seem)

disclaimer: i have not taken sides on this issue, because i am largely ignorant.. the little knowledge i have has come from an entry-level geology course

so what i've seen and what my experience has been is possibly completely different from reality, which i would encourage someone to correct

Last edited:
30 years of people screaming imminent danger, you eventually stop paying attention to them. Not one projection has ever been accurate. Any evidence that contradicts the desired outcome is omitted from studies and reports or not included in the models. When models aren't accurate, it's dismissed as "Well you can't predict the weather, but the science is still sound."

Climate change is solid science though, just as long as you firmly believe observation shouldn't be a part of science.

A story in the Washington Post is not a peer-reviewed study published in a scientific journal. It's a reporter's interpretation of what someone might have said--you couldn't even link to the original story, you posted a graphic of what looks like a photocopy--no one is going to take it seriously.

It's the same tooth-pulling that we go through with you guys on evolution as well. There are reasons you're becoming known as the anti-science party--you don't have any problem with the way silicon chips work, but you cherry-pick other branches of science that suggest your party line is fallible, and you're willing to paste terabytes of crap you lifted from Alex Jones, Charles Krauthammer or some other anti-science nutjob with a B.A. in journalism.

This is an argument science can't win because we're arguing with zealots, not truth-seekers. The science that makes your LCD screen work is done the same way that atmospheric science or evolutionary biology is, but the oil-lobby isn't competing with Samsung, they're trying to preserve the status-quo in a world that's getting more nervous about fossil-fuels and climate. Of COURSE you're going to laugh at renewable energy because that lobby is the one that manufactured your blinders; it's the one that feeds you your talking points. The scientific consensus is approaching total completeness, and you're not going to change that, no matter how many AnswersInGenesis and Fox News links you paste here.

All of your crazy ranting aside..........

And let me dig out my 1971 peer-reviewed journals that I have stored in the garage........

The story was based on one scientists interpretation of what would happen based on a computer simulation by Dr. James Hansen... (Remember him?) The computer simulation was obviously wrong, however at the time, it was the Gospel and couldn't possibly be wrong... just like today's computer models couldn't possibly be wrong, but so far the vast majority (something around 95% of them) have been wrong with the amount of warming. Therefore, the science isn't settled, and you being a scientist (even if it is just a delusion in your head) should know this.

No, I'm able to examine the science and decide for myself. You're the one appealing to esteemed scientists Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh, not me.
Yeah, I don't think so.

I think you pick and choose what IPCC (you know, the agency that was exposed several times for fudging numbers in their bogus computer models that haven't predicted a single thing yet?) reports you want to agree with, and go from there.

An absolutely perfect example of how stupid someone can be while still being academically brilliant.

Or better yet, how the disease that is liberalism will trump an entire lifetime of actual science.

Last edited:
how does validuz have every stupid far right wing made up opinion on the planet i dont getit
Nothing I said has anything to do with far-right ideology, retard. Let alone the fact that I despise both sides equally.

Maybe this forum isn't for you? I hear SA or Reddit is more your flavor. They're kind to women and liberals, as that's the only people that post there.

Last edited:
Nothing I said has anything to do with far-right ideology, retard. Let alone the fact that I despise both sides equally.

Maybe this forum isn't for you? I hear SA or Reddit is more your flavor. They're kind to women and liberals, as that's the only people that post there.

:lol: riiiight

that doesn't necessarily mean anything

there are journals upon journals of peer-reviewed bullshit in exercise science, and i'm sure it's not the only field suffering from poor research

We have idiots who claim a handfull of papers from the 70s is equivalent or outweighs centuries of climate science indicating that warming is expected as opposed to cooling.

The bunk ideas get left behind, thats the scientific process, referencing a rejected hypothesis from nearly 50 years ago as a reason to reject the opposite hypothesis is moronic.

A story in the Washington Post is not a peer-reviewed study published in a scientific journal. It's a reporter's interpretation of what someone might have said--you couldn't even link to the original story, you posted a graphic of what looks like a photocopy--no one is going to take it seriously.

It's the same tooth-pulling that we go through with you guys on evolution as well. There are reasons you're becoming known as the anti-science party--you don't have any problem with the way silicon chips work, but you cherry-pick other branches of science that suggest your party line is fallible, and you're willing to paste terabytes of crap you lifted from Alex Jones, Charles Krauthammer or some other anti-science nutjob with a B.A. in journalism.

This is an argument science can't win because we're arguing with zealots, not truth-seekers. The science that makes your LCD screen work is done the same way that atmospheric science or evolutionary biology is, but the oil-lobby isn't competing with Samsung, they're trying to preserve the status-quo in a world that's getting more nervous about fossil-fuels and climate. Of COURSE you're going to laugh at renewable energy because that lobby is the one that manufactured your blinders; it's the one that feeds you your talking points. The scientific consensus is approaching total completeness, and you're not going to change that, no matter how many AnswersInGenesis and Fox News links you paste here.

Oh, that's really good one, Van!

Throw in an obvious thing like evolution and directly link the two that way the other party in the discussion is automatically deemed invalid. Simply ingenious if we were five years old.

It's funny to note that if I just change a couple names in your entire post, it's be perfectly suited argument against you and your kin.

It's similar to your argument tactics of saying someone is automatically posting like Tehvul. Too clever for us!

I call bullshit on your made up statistic. Show proof or shut the fuck up.

You want him to post every climate model to show how only 5% of them are remotely accurate? Wouldn't it be easier for you to post some climate models that have been accurate over a few decades? Oh that's right, they don't exist. The fucking Farmer's Almanac is more accurate at predicting future climates than any so called Climate model employed by Warmists.

For people genuinely interested in reading more, just start here:

NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

There are so many different studies published now, all in peer-reviewed journals, that I'm not even going to recommend one, just read the abstracts and when you find one you like, dive in.

Of course, we do have Cliven Bundy / Timothy McVeigh types here that as soon as they see the .gov suffix, they're going to dismiss everything, and go back to reading Citizens United or wherever they get their science from.
Boy I remember when Bush was in office, the liberals here and elsewhere were signing up to swallow whatever bullshit .gov spewed then as well!

Oh wait... no, I don't remember that and the internet's influence was only 1/1000th of the amount as it is now. Now the government spends billions on brainwashing people on the internet.

By the way, you can't say:
"1+1=3... and I'm SURE that some idiot is going to try and respond and tell me that it isn't!"

... and then expect anyone to actually fall for that stupidity while you feel righteous because you predicted someone would tell you you're wrong.

p.s. Funny name you should bring up anyway: Timothy McVeigh. Let's not discuss his political affiliation, lol.

Back