[SO] The government is shut down...

road_lede.jpg

I'm mulling over gathering signatures for a ballot initiative that would make AZ's representatives and senators ineligible for reelection if there's a govt shutdown ever again after this bullshit.

Last edited:
What's fucked up is that essential employees still have to report..........and won't get paid for it. Historically, once the government opens back up, they will get back pay...but no guarantee.

The health care act is good. I know tons of people that were denied insurance....even with no pre existing conditions! This should fix that. The only people that are against this are those that stand to lose something - and those companies are ver well funded - they are the ones that have been bank rolling all the negative campaigns. We are the only civilized country without a decent health plan. 1/5 of Americans can't afford health insurance.

Stick to video game threads. You're out of your element here.

The reps were sent there to attempt to FORCE change. Now people are mad that the reps kept their word regardless of outcome. I'm not saying change happened, but they have done what they were sent there to do. I do not believe any of the tea party reps are there to try and get reelected, they are there in hopes people will realize how grossly huge and overwhelming the US government has become. How can anyone back this government in its current iteration with shit like the NSA going on? I wouldn't want to fund it either.

terrorists
bombs
airplane
Allah
etc...

The teabagger assclowns have decided to hold the american govt, and by extension our entire economy hostage in order to get their way because they cannot compromise or face the fact that they don't have the votes needed to pass everything they want.

Every single congressman at this point deserves to be fired.

I'd call a 1 year delay a compromise to not funding it. Hell, it even had some Democrats supporting the idea since it isn't ready yet.

The teabagger assclowns have decided to hold the american govt, and by extension our entire economy hostage in order to get their way because they cannot compromise or face the fact that they don't have the votes needed to pass everything they want.

Every single congressman at this point deserves to be fired.

teabagger
hostage
compromise

hmmm....

Just because you have the power to do something, doesn't mean you should. They are refusing to increase the debt ceiling, when they have compromised on increasing it until this point. I fail to see what you are saying.

I'd call a 1 year delay a compromise to not funding it. Hell, it even had some Democrats supporting the idea since it isn't ready yet.
No. It is Tea Party obstructionism, plain and simple. The inclusion of the "conscience clause" illustrated that the far right had no plans for actually trying to get the bill past Congress.

They should shut down the federal air traffic controllers to really grab people's attention. The last time the Republicans used this tactic it ended up hurting them in the next election; let's hope for a similar scenario.

why in the fuck would dems delay it?

so republicans can try to repeal it forty more times before it's enacted?

defending the GOP's actions in this case is simply laughable. stfu already. you lost.

Moderate Republicans are Democrats. Sellouts. No difference between the two.

The right can keep moving further and further right and refuse to work with anyone else all it wants. All it's doing is using an ever larger dildo to fuck itself in the ass. It's a certainty at this point that they're going to lose seats in the next election.

The right can keep moving further and further right and refuse to work with anyone else all it wants. All it's doing is using an ever larger dildo to fuck itself in the ass. It's a certainty at this point that they're going to lose seats in the next election.

I don't know about that. They were supposed to be 'dead' after 2008.

Seriously, why must I sign up on the healthcare website if I just want to check prices? What kind of BS is that? What if I'm already insured? Not only that but they spam your email too, wtf kind of shit is this?

The majority of the people do not want obamacare. It is an abortion of a system the way it is now. I do not see any harm in a delay.

Back