To the tw religious ppl

In this thread, a bunch of people argue over a topic for which there is no answer. Good times.
There is a very clear answer to the question of "is there a good reason to believe a god exists?"

I'll let you guess what it is.

FB-IMG-1603708136130.jpg

There is a very clear answer to the question of "is there a good reason to believe a god exists?"
The question in the OP was actually, "What makes your religion more "right" than the others?"

That led me to post a bunch of pages that compare all the religions.
Major religious groups - Wikipedia
The Big Religion Chart - ReligionFacts

2.4 billion people follow Christianity.
1.8 billion people follow Islam.
1.2 billion people follow Hinduism.

My points were that Christianity has stories from 2k years ago from people drunk on wine, or the story was told years after it happened, and America needs a US Bible. 2.4 billion people don't care about the superpower stories of Jesus Christ (coming back from the dead), the ark, and the flood being fake. However, I do. It's like watching WWE on TV. You know it's fake, yet thousands watch. And if someone interviews a wrestler and says it, they get punched in the face. That doesn't make it real. Yes, they are hitting each other with chairs, jumping from the top rope, and throwing each other out of the ring, but the punches are fake. Yet it's a top rated show Friday nights on Fox, and thousands go to watch it live.

The number of followers of Christianity is dropping. The Catholic church would have something to do with this since their pastors are raping little boys while telling everyone how to live. The Pope lives in a walled palace called The Vatican, yet tells the USA to be compassionate and open the borders. We're supposed to follow advice from an old man wearing a dress who lives on the other side of the planet. 1.329 billion people believe in that form of Christianity.

I don't have any desire to follow the top religions, because they are based on stories that happened 2k years ago. Yet all those people follow it, and believe. They sweep aside the superpower stuff that makes no sense, just like the Quran is a "peaceful" religion. People like me would then become an Atheist, but they believe there is no God. That's not the answer. One can believe in an all mighty God or next dimension without following a top religion.

Last edited:

given the personal comfort, joy and community it brings some people, there are many reasons that can be considered “good” no matter how irrational it appears to be.

given the personal comfort, joy and community it brings some people, there are many reasons that can be considered “good” no matter how irrational it appears to be.
Two of the nicest people I know (my ex i laws actually) are very religious. I don't know if they are nice because of religion or just nice in general but I don't care, they are just great.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

So far the proof weighs heavily in favour of God, seeing as "he has existed" since around the dawn of humanity. That's an absolutely good reason.

If your position is that there is no good reason, the burden of proof will be on you.

So far the proof weighs heavily in favour of God, seeing as "he has existed" since around the dawn of humanity. That's an absolutely good reason.

If your position is that there is no good reason, the burden of proof will be on you.
Uh...wat

Uh...wat

Belief in god old as humanity. Humanity wildly successful for hundreds of thousands of years. Our moral grounding was based on religious beliefs. That moral grounding permeated all successful cultures.

If someone wants to argue that belief in god is unnecessary or unfavorable, they'll have to back it up with some evidence.

Belief in god old as humanity. Humanity wildly successful for hundreds of thousands of years. Our moral grounding was based on religious beliefs. That moral grounding permeated all successful cultures.

If someone wants to argue that belief in god is unnecessary or unfavorable, they'll have to back it up with some evidence.
People can come up personify our surroundings, fine, and if it makes them act better to each other more the better I guess. It is possible to have morals without religion.

Why does it have to be some omnipotent guy who made everything? How is that proof?

People can come up personify our surroundings, fine, and if it makes them act better to each other more the better I guess. It is possible to have morals without religion.

Why does it have to be some omnipotent guy who made everything? How is that proof?

I don't know why it has to be some omnipotent guy. Ask every human in the history of the species. I didn't come up with it.

Your assertion that it's possible to have morals without religion is a guess.

Can you name one positive benefit of religion that cannot also be achieved by secular means?

amRam conflating "god" and "belief in god" again, nothing new

i guess people believed in leprechauns for a long time, so leprechauns exist too
Huh? You were questioning if there is good reasoning for belief in god. I'm not conflating anything. I'm answering your exact question.

There seems to be a very good reason for the BELIEF in god.

christianity is back in a big way i've never seen so many thoughts and prayers flying around as we do now

Huh? You were questioning if there is good reasoning for belief in god. I'm not conflating anything. I'm answering your exact question.

There seems to be a very good reason for the BELIEF in god.
Hey look, someone's arguing semantics again.

The fact that there has been belief in god for ages is a good reason to believe that belief in god exists. It is not a good reason to believe that a god exists. That's the conflation you're making.

Hey look, someone's arguing semantics again.

The fact that there has been belief in god for ages is a good reason to believe that belief in god exists. It is not a good reason to believe that a god exists. That's the conflation you're making.
Wtf are you talking about man

I'm speaking specifically about the BELIEF, how many times do I need to spell that word out you fucking imbecile? Nowhere did I say god exists.

I'm saying there are good reasons for BELIEF IN GOD. It's beneficial to humans and has existed since basically our beginning.

Last edited:
Back