Do you still build your PCs?

JuggerNaught

Contributor
Veteran XX
Im in need of a new gaming PC. My old pc is fine for a storage server, but the video card is lacking and ram is maxed out. I don't particularly want to go through the building process if i can find a suitable one thats already put together

Any suggestions or should i just go ahead and buy parts

Yes, teach your son the useless skill of plugging in PC components. He could also learn the fun part of sending back defective parts.

Oh you were serious about the NXZT thing?

Damn. Ooops

i thought you were mocking Juggs :lol:

I dont think ill ever be ok paying someone 10-15% to plug in my parts.

I built mine last year. Been over ten years since I've done anything like it but it was fun.

Oh you were serious about the NXZT thing?

Damn. Ooops

i thought you were mocking Juggs :lol:

I dont think ill ever be ok paying someone 10-15% to plug in my parts.

Thats because you aren't rich. When you are rich, convenience is everything.

I always build my PCs, but mostly because i don't want the cheap bullshit that they throw in to the pre-built ones to cut corners, I get the good stuff across the board.

I always build my PCs, but mostly because i don't want the cheap bullshit that they throw in to the pre-built ones to cut corners, I get the good stuff across the board.

This is really the only reason to build your PC. Honestly though, the benchmarks between different PC parts are hardly noticeable.

It's a lot better now. I built mine last year and paid 750 EU for a 5900x because of scarcity back then. Even GPU prices are finally getting close to MSRP.

rarely will you get value as compared to building it yourself. you will be overcharged in some area of the PC as compared to individual parts. also while choosing parts you can balance between quality/speed and cost.

I'm regretting buying a Costco Dell xps, but I think we're now in a sweet spot between Covid chip shortages and Biden completely fucking up the economy.

Most economists are predicting SHTF in the fall.

Back