=WH40K= 44th Cadians Round 2

Uh, yes.
We are.

THE HAMMER OF THE EMPEROR.

Well, more like a lot of tiny hammers strapped together into a giant hammer.

I thought there were Marines and then the Imperial Guard? Well, fuck it. I only got one kill last time. If I have to get stabby with my teammates to up my kill count, so be it.

This is the best thread I have ever read that I had 100% no fucking clue what was going on. I want to learn this shit so badly, how does one get started?

A couple of things I don't get:

The Space Marine figures from the first round (and in general) don't seem that much taller than the IG figures. I though the Space Marines were supposed to be really tall, like towering over a regular man.

Why is the model for Al'Muktar's character different than the one I see for "Sly Marbo" on the Games Workshop site?

edit - n/m on the first one, the models arent to scale vs. each other... I guess the size of the figure in height doesn't matter to the rules somehow? still curious about the Sly Marbo model...

Last edited:
ig are probably 6' each, maybe smaller due to crappy nurtrients on hive planets???

marines are all 8' and jacked

A couple of things I don't get:

The Space Marine figures from the first round (and in general) don't seem that much taller than the IG figures. I though the Space Marines were supposed to be really tall, like towering over a regular man.

Why is the model for Al'Muktar's character different than the one I see for "Sly Marbo" on the Games Workshop site?

edit - n/m on the first one, the models arent to scale vs. each other... I guess the size of the figure in height doesn't matter to the rules somehow? still curious about the Sly Marbo model...

Marine models are bigger on average, but GW has never been consistent with scale. The size of the models does matter in a sense, because shooting uses "true line of sight" (TLOS) in 5th edition...so if a model can "see" another, it can be shot at.

I don't like GW's Marbo figure and I wanted a sneaky looking git, so I used a S.A.S figure from Infinity. This is perfectly legal, unless you're playing with asshats or at a Games Workshop store. They kinda freak out (if they notice the little fella)

Back