facebook owner calls facebook users dumb fucks

Big fucking if he said that when he was 19 years old in IM message, hey lets take everything that all of us have said on TW, IRC and IM programs seriously. Hah who can tell if that message is even real anyways.

Personally I would say the same thing now, if i owned FB I would be calling all the users that submitted all their private information and then complain about privacy dumb fucks.

i order steak rare

if it arrives medium rare, i send it back... if i'm at a friend/family's bbq and i get anything over medium rare i wont even eat it. i'd rather eat a hotdog than a filet mignon cooked medium.

:rofl:

Big fucking if he said that when he was 19 years old in IM message, hey lets take everything that all of us have said on TW, IRC and IM programs seriously. Hah who can tell if that message is even real anyways.

Personally I would say the same thing now, if i owned FB I would be calling all the users that submitted all their private information and then complain about privacy dumb fucks.

Im curious what the private info people are so worried about is?

What are people putting on facebook thats so private

People a lot up, not just filling out birthday, relationship status, likes and dislikes, some people have their full resume up on their facebook profile. I don't have a problem with that, it is the people that complain about it.

You can alter the ads you get on the side of the screen for facebook just by changing information, I removed my relationship status this week (I am single) and how I don't get dating website ads anymore. That is a very simple example, same thing how google ads at the bottom of this thread will try to adjust for the topic of the thread.

ilu mr lavan

re: facebook.... i made one... closed it shortly after... i just don't really get it. i see some people obsessed with it but... i mean i post here how can i really ridicule anyone?

what i don't understand is when people freak out over privacy concerns when at the end of the day, everything on the site is something people willingly submit.

Information that can be used to steal identities or other shady things.

There is a common phishing scam right now that uses Facebook data to trick people. :shrug:

ilu mr lavan

re: facebook.... i made one... closed it shortly after... i just don't really get it. i see some people obsessed with it but... i mean i post here how can i really ridicule anyone?

what i don't understand is when people freak out over privacy concerns when at the end of the day, everything on the site is something people willingly submit.

Often it is the information other people disclose about someone (pictures, wall posts, groups, etc) that is the problem.

I've always had my privacy settings basically as high as they go. I submitted information in the past with those settings in place with the understanding that my information/submissions would be treated accordingly. Then Facebook just changes their privacy policy and makes that information that I submitted with the understanding that it would be held at a certain level of privacy and they then ignore it...do you honestly think that isn't a fucked up thing to do?

Solution is to not submit things you want to keep private. It's really not that complicated.
For the record, this was back when your facebook page was just your profile picture, contact info, bio and links to friends. Privacy works a lot differently now. The point is Mark Zuckerberg's attitude towards his users.

i order steak rare

if it arrives medium rare, i send it back... if i'm at a friend/family's bbq and i get anything over medium rare i wont even eat it. i'd rather eat a hotdog than a filet mignon cooked medium.

:rofl:

Back