[Blog][Pics]Your cars, show them to me

I always liked the 300 tt...pretty badass car.

Are the turbos oil cooled only? How did you fuck them up?

The rear wheels turn slightly while cornering too, right?

My project car - Nissan 300zx TT
Recently removed the engine and removed the headers to get them planed (DS cylinder bank has shitty compression, neither is great). Going to be getting it up on an engine lift to remove the oil pan and pull the pistons/rods. Then to put it all back together. Already pulled the engine out once and replaced the turbos. Hoping I don't have to replace any valves or bearings.

Ugh, my buddy has one of those cars. It's quick but goddamn worst fucking engineering I have ever seen in my life for maintenance and the price you guys will pay for parts is insane.

My car looked so shiny 5 years ago

carisk.jpg

The new TL is miles ahead of the old one... you'll get used to the looks.

I wouldn't give a dime for an '08 Type S... you could probably pick up a regular slightly used '09 TL for the same price in the near future. That or an 09 Maxima, sweet car too.

Can you explain why the new TL is so much better? I'm not fond of the looks, plus I'm pretty set against getting a first model year and I'm not sure I can wait long enough for a used '10.

I always liked the 300 tt...pretty badass car.

Are the turbos oil cooled only? How did you fuck them up?

The rear wheels turn slightly while cornering too, right?

Yeah, they are oil cooled only. I didn't fuck them up. I bought it for really cheap knowing I'd have to do work on it. It is a pain in the ass, but I enjoy it. I'm pretty sure the tool that owned it before me tried to race it without knowing how to race and fucked up the whole drivers side of the engine somehow. Blown turbo and bad compression on every cylinder on the drivers side. He was a fucking tool.

Not all of them have the 4 wheel steering, this one does. Has a giant leak in the power steering system so I'm going to have to work on that as well. The body, interior, transmission, and block are all solid though and the 300zx is getting to be hard to find. Plus, its not costing me anything to keep it other than parts, which aren't too bad as long as you don't have to pay for labor.

I was originally going to have somebody do the work for me, but i actually got turned down by about 6 garages before I found one that would even give me an estimate. As soon as the words "Nissan 300zx" came out of my mouth they'd hang up the phone/give me the name of a different garage who might possibly have taken the job.

Last edited:
Yeah, they are oil cooled only. I didn't fuck them up. I bought it for really cheap knowing I'd have to do work on it. It is a pain in the ass, but I enjoy it. I'm pretty sure the tool that owned it before me tried to race it without knowing how to race and fucked up the whole drivers side of the engine somehow. Blown turbo and bad compression on every cylinder on the drivers side. He was a fucking tool.

Not all of them have the 4 wheel steering, this one does. Has a giant leak in the power steering system so I'm going to have to work on that as well. The body, interior, transmission, and block are all solid though and the 300zx is getting to be hard to find. Plus, its not costing me anything to keep it other than parts, which aren't too bad as long as you don't have to pay for labor.

Well good luck man, that sounds like a fun project. Are the transmissions pretty solid on those?

Maybe it got starved of oil somehow? They probably make some sort of oil pan baffling if those cars are prone to it. Either way, nice car man, me likey.

I drove a co-worker's new 2000 v6 mustang today. I've never felt a clutch that engages so fucking high. There's about a foot and a half of travel before a 1.5 inch catch area, wtf is that? There shifter was a sloppy piece of shit, it felt like it had 4 different spots for neutral. Also, he bought it without opening the hood because he didn't know there was no hood latch :shrug:

bleh. i never felt that gold wheels looked nice on anything. at best, they look okay...

anyway, here's my car. not the best day for a picture, plus the car was dirty as hell when i took this shot. (that's the best part about silver cars. even when they're dirty, they still look pretty good)

lgt.jpg

For those with an Acura TL, how do you like it?

I test drove one a month or so ago and I liked it overall, except the steering was too 'floaty' for me.

Thinking about buying a 2008 TL type S when they start showing up on the used market (still a little early). It's really too bad they ruined the TL in the new model years.

I fucking love mine, though I know what you mean about the steering.

Back