TW doctors help/I have an infected cut

SweetbabyJ

Contributor
Veteran XX
It's a relatively small cut on my shin that has gotten worse over the last 4 days. Have had a low grade fever and aches, redness around the cut and greenish puss that has now stopped but remains on the surface.

At what point do I go to the doctor? Is there anything I should do aside from applying neosporin? thanks

let your dog lick it

or you can put maggots on it and let them eat the infected flesh

power dose of vitamin c

An infected cut usually oozes pus. In monor cases, yellow/brown or in bad cases, such as yours, green. If there are any red streaks around the cut, go see a doctor ASAP... especially considering you've already had a fever.

Some of the nastiest infections I've seen were from turf burns back in high school when we had the astroturf field that was basically cement.

douse it in alcohol

Cover it in gauze, keep it clean, air it out from time to time, but try and avoid touching it with anything non-sterile.

I would wait a maximum of 48 hours, I think I'd be concerned if I didn't have improvement in like 24 though. Green puss is pretty bad, as is the fever.

Hydrogen peroxide now, cover and go see a doctor ASAP. They will give you antibiotics. There is probably a bacterial infection in the cut.

Some of the nastiest infections I've seen were from turf burns back in high school when we had the astroturf field that was basically cement.

worse things ive seen is someone who got cut from a galvanized pipe thread. Those fucking threads are sharp and if you are dumb enough to try and tighten one down with your bare hands on the threads you will get a cut and prolly a nasty infection.

Also Stucco is a SOAB as well.. Slip a wrench or something and have your knuckle go flying into and acroos a stucco wall ..that shit is not fun

Also use Iodine its better then hydrogen peroxide and what they will use in the hospital

carbuncle2-1.jpg

Back