[(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread

just wow.

i actually liked bendnter on the right wing. outside of 2 bad passes he played extremely well.

just wow. rape.

Everton need to sell Lescott so they can afford a whole new team on the basis of that performance. Completely spineless, which is unforgiveable for the first game of the season at HOME.

Losing against Arsenal isn't really a problem but it looked like they didn't care, that 2nd Fabregas goal he practically walked through their midfield :lol:

In regards to Newcastle I almost hope we stay in the Championship, its nice to see us destroying teams again.

arshavin.jpg

One more time for Yawnfest.

just wow. everyone played great today, even denilson(outside of his goal which was amazing) i really hope he keeps it up.

Arsenal did play well but the result was flattering due to the fact that Everton completely capitulated and lacked any kind of desire to win. If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be a bit annoyed because this kind of thrashing is just going to vindicate in Wenger's mind that his policy of not spending any money ever is the way forward as a long term plan.

Arsenal did play well but the result was flattering due to the fact that Everton completely capitulated and lacked any kind of desire to win. If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be a bit annoyed because this kind of thrashing is just going to vindicate in Wenger's mind that his policy of not spending any money ever is the way forward as a long term plan.

yes wenger is very simple minded. i see why you would think that :rolleyes:

Oh boy Arsenal. 1 game against a beyond pitiful Everton side. I think I've seen Junior Varsity teams with better defense. This is actually nice. You all can get your hopes up and get crushed even more as your crap side collapse like a dying star. It is going to be really enjoyable.

In other news:
Charlie Davies scored twice for Sochaux in their loss to defending French champs Bordeaux.

yes wenger is very simple minded. i see why you would think that :rolleyes:

I don't believe I said he was simple minded. The man is to some extent a mastermind when it comes to football but that doesn't make him infallible.

I was in fact implying that he is very dogmatic in his approach and this isn't necessarily always a bad thing. For the last 4 years he has been convinced (with some justification) that his young stars would be capable of winning major honours playing pretty football and yet they haven't won anything since 2004-2005. For a club of Arsenal's stature that is unacceptable.

This kind of early season result is misleading and at a pivotal stage of the transfer window it will only justify Wenger to keep the money in the bank, as opposed to spending it. I believe is a mistake if he wants to win the league and that CL that has eluded him so far.

I honestly believe that the team he has would compete for the biggest competitions if he added one or two genuine world class players. They certainly have good players but time after time we have seen the team fall off at the business end of the season and finish disappointingly.

Forgive me if this sounds insulting or anything but were you even following Arsenal when Wenger first came on the scene? Having lived with two life long fans born and raised in North London, I know only too well that even the most serious fan can be as fickle as they can be thickheaded when it comes to their own team.

The solution for me would be for someone to convince Wenger that the money is there to be spent (sensibly). To keep up with the top teams in the world he needs to add a few big buys to strengthen his already good young team.

I would honestly be shocked if they won the league this season with the current squad. They play great attractive football at times but that doesn't always equate to success.

nearly jizzed in my pants watching EPL in HD

And that's good news about Davies. I wish some of our other players would follow his lead. Don't worry about getting into the best league, just get into a decent league/team that will you give lots of playing time.

I just wonder though why ESPN didn't work this hard to keep Champions League? EPL and La Liga are great but having Champions League stay on ESPN would have been fantastic.

I don't deny that another CD and possibly another DMF would help us out a lot in depth, but we have the quality on the field. But this season will be really intriguing in regards to the 4-3-3 we are playing this season. It seems to be getting a lot more out of the players at our disposal, and having Bendtner on the wing was a serious height disadvantage, though we will see how consistent his performances are.

I'm not getting my hopes up to think we will storm away with the title, but I have no concern of dropping out of the top 4 what so ever.

PS: FuFest.

confidential don't I remember saying you were a Newcastle fan? Did you see our game against Reading?

Hey, wow I was actually trying to remember who the newcastle fan was on here earlier this summer. I was planning on making a trip to England this fall and going to a Newcastle game. Just couldn't remember your name on here lol, but I ended up changing plans anyway.

Yeah I still read nufc every day and check out the forums, and I wear my Newcastle jersey sometimes but people usually think I'm a referee or something.

Didn't see the game but definitely great to see a win. It's a pretty terrible time for the club, but the fans are definitely showing why they're among the best with 37k showing up. I just hope the ownership situation and the other bullshit is sorted out soon.

Make sure to let us know how Bayern does in the Europa Cup.

That's if you can find any news sources who care what is going on in the Scrub Cup.

Last edited:
wait, what? how about #1 seed in champions league. Somehow they also gave arsenal this distinction. Oh wait, you guys still need to qualify. Lol lollo lololol

Back