EA...Project Ten Dollar

I checked the first 6 pages and did not see this...sue me if posted already :p
The EA Nazis are at it again.

EA's Fight Against Used Game Sales Passes To Tiger Woods - Ea - Kotaku

WTF is happening to gaming?! Fuck EA. They charge for every little damn thing as far as DLC. Now if you buy the game used, you are going to have to pay them for access to that same content or if you want to play others online. AND if you own a 360, you are already paying for the right to play online.
WTF?

I really see no problem with this. My guess is that we'll see some downward pressure from the used retailers in terms of seeing cheaper prices on used games with the free launch DLC used up. It is also a good way around the pirating issues. Give more free content to people who pay for the game legitimately.

why wouldn't they want to get money back from used game sales?

I see no issue with it, and who buys sports games used anyways?

EA is a fucking sleezy company. The problem is they have the market for NHL and NFL games. Im hoping Backbreaker or whatever the physics engine football game is called can be amazing enough to compensate for not being real teams. Then I can stop buying EA games.

These companies are losing billions to the used game sales. They have 2 choices:

1. Reducing the amount spent on a game (lower quality game)
2. Entice people to buy new games for benefits over used games

These companies are losing billions to the used game sales. They have 2 choices:

losing billions? you realize this wont do shit but kill game rental companies.

Why would EA care about some other company making money off of their games?

How is anyone losing money here? They already sold the game at retail once. That should be the end of the revenue stream, other than DLC where applicable for that game.

By your logic any time a car is resold, the manufacturer should get the proceeds from the sale. Do you agree with that?! Really?

why wouldn't they want to get money back from used game sales?

I see no issue with it, and who buys sports games used anyways?

It's not just their sports games. If they want to get money back on used games then find a way to charge retailers, not fuck your customers. I don't always get a game when it is launched and you are damn right I'm going to get the used one if it's there...it's cheaper (though not much). I have no problem paying full price for a new game but alot of people are not in that situation. Especially with people losing jobs and shit. I know, if they do not have a job then blah blah blah....just throwing out there that alot of people do not have as much money to spend as they use to and used games let them buy a little bit cheaper.
They need to hit the retailer. Charge them a tax on that used game that they gave some kid $25 for then turn around and sold for $50.

We get fucked as it is anymore. Shit that PC gamers have been getting free for years now costs us. 360 gamers pay to play online on top of their ISP costs. Patches use to add content to games, now they are released to fix a "finished" product we pay full price for ( I can almost understand this on PCs..so many form factors and such but CONSOLES!). So now people are fine with EA trying to fuck those trying to save a couple bux...WTF?

How is anyone losing money here? They already sold the game at retail once. That should be the end of the revenue stream, other than DLC where applicable for that game.

By your logic any time a car is resold, the manufacturer should get the proceeds from the sale. Do you agree with that?! Really?

Not just cars, apply that mindset to anything you buy used. As little as a CD or DVD up to buying a used house.

Besides, seems there might be something illegal about it. It changes the game's functionality from what is on the usual packaging. Guess they would throw a disclaimer on it though.

hehe: "If you bought this game used, you will need to buy the rest of this game at EANazis.com"

Last edited:
I checked the first 6 pages and did not see this...sue me if posted already :p
The EA Nazis are at it again.

EA's Fight Against Used Game Sales Passes To Tiger Woods - Ea - Kotaku

WTF is happening to gaming?! Fuck EA. They charge for every little damn thing as far as DLC. Now if you buy the game used, you are going to have to pay them for access to that same content or if you want to play others online. AND if you own a 360, you are already paying for the right to play online.
WTF?

I agree with the move. Developers see 0 dollars from used game sales. This is a way to recoup the cost.

I agree with the move. Developers see 0 dollars from used game sales. This is a way to recoup the cost.

Fuck that shit! This is just another typical dirty tactic by EA to increase profits and attempt to retain revenues even though they are producing sub-standard titles.

"This is an important inflection point in our business because it allows us to accelerate our commitment to enhance premium online services to the entire robust EA SPORTS online community," said Peter Moore, President of EA SPORTS
EA Sports Locks Out Multiplayer Modes On Used Sales - Xbox 360 News at IGN

Enhance premium online services???? BULLSHIT YOU WILL!!!!!!

I for one will not purchase another EA title. NHL10 was my reason and this just backs up my decision.

Good for EA.

Companies like Gamestop make the vast majority of their profits on used game sales. A single title is resold over and over and over, at 100% or more profit on each resale, and the publisher sees none of that. One single title that nets EA $30 could potentially net Gamestop $300 or more.

If these big publishers were smart, they would form some sort of coalition with each other and take over the used game market by offering higher buy-back prices.

Here's the question: which company do you think is more vile: EA, or Gamestop.

I'd rather see Gamestop go out of business before EA. fuck gamestop. fuck them, fuck their business model, fuck their customer service, and fuck their everything. the only reason anyone even GOES to gamestop is for used games. they certainly don't go there for the knowledgable and friendly staff, or the superior customer service they provide.

maybe this will cause them to get their shit sorted.

I agree with your point

Back