EA...Project Ten Dollar

Only if you want to play online cockgobbler

And you're screwing EA already by buying it used so who are you to complain in the first place? In fact their evil plan worked brilliantly because you went from buying used to waiting for an official sale of a new unit. w2g

I only buy used games. If EA wants to charge me to fully use their software which I've already purchased, they can get fucked. Looks like I'll be skipping on Madden 11.

You have happily played Madden, and other EA titles for the last however many years, and EA has never seen a penny from you. You are the worst kind of gamer. If I was EA, I would make it $20. Fuck people with your mentality.

Who gets Madden and doesn't play online :lol: ?

I do not give a fuck who will be left holding the bag. Like I said, I'm not paying $10 to access part of a game which I've already purchased.

has anyone mentioned at how without used games sales the companies would have an incentive to lower the price of new games as time goes on to move inventory?

If you see sales drop below a certain threshold, drop the price.

The emo qqers here are just the people who dont buy the games new, and arent supporting anyone but gamestop

Thats not the way the business works. Publishers sell a large quantity to the retailers, then thats it. If the game bombs, the publishers won't buy back the stock. Thats why any relative underperformer will drop to 20 a few months after release. It has nothing to do with the publisher. Its the retailer trying to clear his inventory.

Anyways, this will damage the industry as a whole. Like boston says, for people that trade in used games, it means they just raised their prices. A lot of people buy new games, beat them, and sell them. This means they'll buy fewer games, so if all the companies do this, they gain nothing. It also damages renting and borrowing online multiplayer games. A drop in effective value without a drop in price means lost sales.

It am continually surprised by how people are so ready and willing to get fucked by some publisher's big black cock. Gamestop isn't the only place to trade games and no one gets uppity over used book and music sales. I predict a major backfire, but the publishers will be too stupid to see it and are going to blame it on something else. Maybe it will spur on better PC games.

I stopped buying EA games for the most part a while ago (a few I did still get like Mass Effect/Dragon Age, and haven't bought an EA sports game since after they got NFL exclusivity.

NFL2k 4 life.

Really you should be able to buy a Madden subscription or something, and you just get the new version every year that way.

Last edited:
You have happily played Madden, and other EA titles for the last however many years, and EA has never seen a penny from you. You are the worst kind of gamer. If I was EA, I would make it $20. Fuck people with your mentality.

I'm so upset that you called me out for being thrifty. How will I ever recover?

I guess I'm the worst kind of driver too because all my vehicles have been used.

I'm definitely the worst kind of home buyer since all of the places I've lived were used.

Enjoy eating $60 for every game you own up in your ivory tower.

If you don't like the price don't pay for it, but then you're the kind of guy who rages on the internet for an hour about having to pony up an extra $10 for something you don't need.

Maybe you should get more hours at burger king so you can afford to play madden with friend's you've only heard through speakers.

Wow, I like how the idea that I like spending less by buying used games makes me less of a human. I'm suddenly white trailer park trash and am stupid...for trying to save a couple bucks. As someone pointed out, it's the same damn product...only cheaper. Imagine that.
BTW if I have one of those nifty GS cards that come with the subscription to Game Informer (I like reading game magazines, sue me), I get an additional $5 off. Meaning I am saving $10 on my game. That's a bad thing? Sure, I actually can buy new. I do not depend on the used game price when I go into a store, there may not be used copies yet. But if it's there and cheaper, why not.
I'm not against capitalism, but at the same time I'm not supporting a move to take more money out of my pocket for the same product. The analogies are right, just on a larger scale.
Maybe if they want to recoup some costs, they can stop spending billions of dollars to get licenses just so their competitors can't use official teams. Earn your customers the old fashion way, make a better product.
I'll go on being the retard, white trash, make no money loser though. I do look for sales and such. But I do believe some to be hypocritical by saying we're stupid for buying a used game to save some money and then telling us to wait for sales....bot ways are done to save cash.
I'm not sure how some of the industry works but I also believe (not sure) that once a retailer buys X amount of copies, those copies are theirs. Hence they do not receive a cut of the sales that the retailer sells through, they've made what they were going to make from the retailer.
I'm sure this will have some impact on new game sales but prolly not alot. Used will still be cheaper.

You don't even need paragraphs, just like.. hit the enter key

You've got natural breaks there, so they don't need to be shoved together

for example:

Wow, I like how the idea that I like spending less by buying used games makes me less of a human. I'm suddenly white trailer park trash and am stupid...for trying to save a couple bucks. As someone pointed out, it's the same damn product...only cheaper. Imagine that.
BTW if I have one of those nifty GS cards that come with the subscription to Game Informer (I like reading game magazines, sue me), I get an additional $5 off. Meaning I am saving $10 on my game. That's a bad thing? Sure, I actually can buy new. I do not depend on the used game price when I go into a store, there may not be used copies yet. But if it's there and cheaper, why not.
I'm not against capitalism, but at the same time I'm not supporting a move to take more money out of my pocket for the same product. The analogies are right, just on a larger scale.
Maybe if they want to recoup some costs, they can stop spending billions of dollars to get licenses just so their competitors can't use official teams. Earn your customers the old fashion way, make a better product.
I'll go on being the retard, white trash, make no money loser though. I do look for sales and such. But I do believe some to be hypocritical by saying we're stupid for buying a used game to save some money and then telling us to wait for sales....bot ways are done to save cash.
I'm not sure how some of the industry works but I also believe (not sure) that once a retailer buys X amount of copies, those copies are theirs. Hence they do not receive a cut of the sales that the retailer sells through, they've made what they were going to make from the retailer.
I'm sure this will have some impact on new game sales but prolly not alot. Used will still be cheaper.

I hit enter 6 times

Except they're not taking more money out of your pocket... follow this logic:

Madden 11 New: $59.99 and lets assume 6% sales tax so another $3.60 to bring the grand total for Madden 11 brand new to $63.59

Madden 11 Used: $49.99 same sales tax assumption of 6% so $3.00 in tax to bring the total to $52.99.

Purchase Online play with madden 11 used: $10.00 (sales tax not charged) to bring the grand total you've spent on Madden 11 to $62.99. Hooray you've saved $0.60!

Now lets assume you use your Gamestop Card and save the extra 5% buying used:

Madden 11 Used: $49.99 - 5% Gamestop Discount of $2.50 to bring the cost of the game to $47.49 now the 6% sales tax brings the total to $50.34; add in the $10 online play shit, and your grand total is $60.34; Hooray $3.25 saved!

Jesus christ you guys are bitching over spilled milk.

apollod your calculations are all based on the fact you can't find a used game cheaper than 80% of original cost

which we know to be false

apollod your calculations are all based on the fact you can't find a used game cheaper than 80% of original cost

So? 80% of 59.99 is 47.99; 49.99 is above that; and if I recall correctly pretty much what an Used Madden goes for at gamestop the first 2-3 months after release.

edit.. ironically enough the people that kinda are getting shafted are the ones not paying sales tax.. since Used + Online would end up being the same price as New.

Last edited:

Anyone who thinks you can't get new games cheap are either lazy, stupid or trolling.

Check online sales, the weekly Best Buy ad, etc.

Back