Price check, I'm dumb, give me a realistic ballpark

Ben Reed

Veteran X
So I kind of want out. Decisively this time.

I don't know if I should provide Armory links or not (I have never attempted to sell an account before, I dunno what kind of venues Blizzard watches to take out sold accounts), so here's a general overview of what I'd be selling (all on PvP servers):

- 70 Human Warrior
PvP Armor: 4/5 S3 (no shoulders), socketed with blue/purple PvP gems
PvE Armor: Several pieces of SSC/TK DPS plate in addition to S3, tanking gear: T5 shoulders, 4/5 T4, miscellaneous badge purps, shield off of Gruul. All gear mostly enchanted and properly socketed for all your PvE desires.
Weapons: Stormherald, Jin'Rokh (both enchanted, the former with Savagery and the latter with Executioner), Unbreakable Will, Mallet of the Tides (both with Mongoose), Quel'Danas badge fist MH, Fool's Bane, tier 2 crafted 1h mace, Fury (most Fury weapons unenchanted or cheaply enchanted because I was never Fury specced)
Trinkets: PvP trinket, Brooch, crit Battlemaster's trinket (lol), Hourglass, Dabiri's Enigma, Moroes' Pocketwatch
Tradeskills: Max Mining, max Blacksmithing (Macecrafter)
Rep: Exalted with all the free-flask factions for fun frolicking in PvE.
Mounts: Epic flyer (nether ray, nether drake), normal PvP horse
- 70 Human Paladin
Holy Gear: Kara gear, around 1600ish +healing, probably good enough for SSC. S1 PvP gear, has PvP trinket
Prot Gear: Kara and badge gear. Has Sporeggar shield and Colossus trinket for happy fun AoE farming. 2 piece (3 piece? I can't remember, lol) T4 Prot set.
Ret Gear: S3 gloves, miscellaneous honor purps. Barely good enough for Kara, lol
Max Alchemy (elixir spec), max Herbalism
- 70 Human Rogue
Gear barely Kara quality, mostly socketed for PvE, no daggers to speak of, 2 S1 swords. No tradeskills to speak of except max Skinning.
- 70 Human Warlock
Gear extremely poor. 325ish Enchanting, 340ish Tailoring (Shadowweave spec).
- 58 Undead Warrior
Token dinky little Horde alt. Rockin' Ice Barbed Spear, level 48 AB boots, and lovely blonde hair.
- 8 Human Warrior
Bank alt loaded with miscellaneous crap of variable value, depending on what I may liquidate for a seperate gold sale.

Not guaranteed to sell because I'm deathly afraid to commit. Treat this as a price check for now.

About $250-$350 a down to earth estimate, you'll be lucky if even that, it's easier to level characters and get welfare epics nowadays, so good luck.

It actually amazes me how cheap characters are to buy considering the time investment required to get gear and stuff.

The best part about selling an account is you can just say it was stolen later on, and get your account back and be free from any legal action.

even if they transfer to a pve from a pvp?

yes. you could say you were hacked and someone (presumably the hacker) xfered your char off the account. they will follow the IP down and take it back. common scum scammer tactic.

the best (but not fullproof) way of avoiding this scam is to have do something blatantly obvious to the original account so it gets banned and hopefully stays that way. even then, if blizzard digs enough they will notice the different IPs and such, most likely unbanning the original account because on their end, it looks like it really did get hacked. this last part is more annoying for the scammer to do though, but may dissuade them if you get lucky.

of course, this is all assuming you buy the original account from the person and getting it Xfered to an account you created/etc

in short, only buy from trusted people.

Humans? How unlike you.

Dwarves were too short, Gnomes were too cute (I'm sorry, Escape Artist is hax, but I cannot stand the idea of being so short, and model editing is just cut-and-running), and Night Elves, while tall, were too purple. Humans were the best compromise of being tall, non-purple, and having amusingly large boobs. Except my lock -- he's male, which I regret.

If SN were Horde they would have all been Undead. Except for the Paladin, of course, though I would probably have to repress a barf or two being something as egregiously gay as a Blood Elf.

i sold a shitty blue geared 70 shaman with a few kara epics for like $130 to accounts.com

So you can definitely get way more than that.

BallPark.jpg

you pick your characters for the lamest worst reason possible. just say its for perception in arena so i dont have to gag.

i sold a shitty blue geared 70 shaman with a few kara epics for like $130 to accounts.com

So you can definitely get way more than that.

I would say 100-150 is gonna be your basic for any 70 non geared toon

but theres not big market for pvp gear, unless you have something truly rare you arent gonna get more than 300-400

Back