Shitty heroic stonecore groups are shitty

Calamari

Veteran XV
What the hell is it with this dungeon? The mechanics aren't new. Don't stand in shit. Kill adds. Run away from shatter.

Between shitty tanks getting one-shotted by the giant boss and shitty healers not being able to move out of stuff on the ground, I have yet to complete this dungeon out of almost a dozen attempts.

Is everyone else having this kind of trouble?

I've stopped trying to PUG Stonecore altogether. Every group I get wipes at least once on the trash before Corborus, and fails horribly and disbands on Corborus himself.

I'm about to give up on Grim Batol as well, since every group I get fails hard on Drahga.

I don't bother with heroics outside of guild groups. Too many people equipping shit gear just to get minimum ilevels.

you don't even have to equip it...you could buy the highest ilvl shit from gear you wouldn't even wear for your spec just to hit the ilvl

ive yet to run this (at all)

what is the shatter and deathtouchs

Shatter is basically an AoE melee DPS killer. Long cast time, and you have to run out of melee range to avoid getting killed. Death touches means any ability that can one-shot a player. Most of the bosses in Stonecore have one.

Man, I haven't even done HGB yet. I'm scared to try.

Also retarded: groups who can't do the six-pulls in HVP (get them out of the fucking triangle), and groups that can't do the first boss in HHoO.

I appreciate Blizz adding real mechanics back into the heroics, but people are too retarded to complete them. And my guild is ludicrously small, so I can't even run with them to get this shit done.

Shatter is basically an AoE melee DPS killer. Long cast time, and you have to run out of melee range to avoid getting killed. Death touches means any ability that can one-shot a player. Most of the bosses in Stonecore have one.

Man, I haven't even done HGB yet. I'm scared to try.

Also retarded: groups who can't do the six-pulls in HVP (get them out of the fucking triangle), and groups that can't do the first boss in HHoO.

I appreciate Blizz adding real mechanics back into the heroics, but people are too retarded to complete them. And my guild is ludicrously small, so I can't even run with them to get this shit done.

Simply gather groups from /trade. You can easily notice who is a moron and who is not by simply looking at how they type/speak. Surely a blabbering retard can still be a good player who has patience to wait for CC and will not leave after 1st wipe, but it's rare. Usually if you get a whisper saying "inv plz" you can ignore it. Two sentence long discussion tells you a lot of the player.

I've always thought that people that stand around in fire and poison clouds or whatever think that it's the healer's job to keep them up through it. Playing mostly healers myself, I've always had to gauge how a player is doing, and decide if it's worth healing him at all should he choose to stand around in something. Most of the time that is no, and I don't waste any mana on them.

A lot of the time it's the tank. Like they think they don't have to move at all, and again it's the healers job to keep them alive. Of course if it's the healer not moving out of these things, then well... yeah I don't know.

I thought about playing my priest again to use their little grab ability, paired with a macro that calls the person a retard, shitty player, or whatever else. My only complaint about that is you don't even get that until 85. Like that wouldn't be really useful from level 15 when you can start doing randoms.

It's pretty much that before Cataclysm, outside of the highest tier raids, you actually could stand around in things and do really stupid shit and survive. As a healer I would even find it less boring on occasion when people did it so I could actually heal people besides the tank. Now it's like people can't get it around their heads that the shit hurts now, and they don't break their habits.

Or they are just really, really stupid.

Simply gather groups from /trade. You can easily notice who is a moron and who is not by simply looking at how they type/speak. Surely a blabbering retard can still be a good player who has patience to wait for CC and will not leave after 1st wipe, but it's rare. Usually if you get a whisper saying "inv plz" you can ignore it. Two sentence long discussion tells you a lot of the player.

This is the most retarded gauge I've ever seen, particularly the whisper thing.

You ask for a group in trade, I'm going to send a tell that is exactly that, "inv plz". I usually don't grab groups in trade; when I do, I'll respond just like that, because I don't feel that I need to describe an entire dungeon's mechanics to you in a whisper for a 5-man invite.

I feel like I need to make a macro telling the tank to move the mob out of the mob healing aura. There's a reason the mob's still at full health after 15 seconds genius.

heroic stonecore is terrible in pugs. i actually managed to finish it with a pug group and we wiped 20 times or so in total.

if it werent for the fact they were 3/5ths guild group i dont think we would have finished that place. it takes a lot of patience to wipe repeatedly and not ragequit/blame each other.. which is pretty tough to find in your average mouthbreather

repped. and i very much agree with this.

it requires skill now to DPS (like in vanilla and TBC) as opposed to WoTLK.

Not gonna lie, some PUG tanks are retarded. i have to remind them that as a lock, I can actually CC up to 3 targets (fear with glyph, succy seduce, banish) effectively. Yet alot of dumb tanks are trigger happy and believing they can tank up to 4 mobs.

I still don't have the gear for heroics, I have only tanked 2 instances since hitting 85, I was very frustrated to be #1 or #2 dps in the groups. At the end of WotLK it wasn't a big deal for me to be a tanking and doing 40%+ of the damage for a heroic group, I had some ICC gear and people were on alts, but now my gear is at the same level as the rogues and mages in groups and they are 20% below my damage. It doesn't give me much hope for pugging heroics.

I will probably keep pugging regular 85 instances and only do heroics with people I know.

I still don't have the gear for heroics, I have only tanked 2 instances since hitting 85, I was very frustrated to be #1 or #2 dps in the groups. At the end of WotLK it wasn't a big deal for me to be a tanking and doing 40%+ of the damage for a heroic group, I had some ICC gear and people were on alts, but now my gear is at the same level as the rogues and mages in groups and they are 20% below my damage. It doesn't give me much hope for pugging heroics.

I will probably keep pugging regular 85 instances and only do heroics with people I know.

not gonna lie, tanks are pulling some sick AOE dps.

maybe its b/c im a destro lock with more focus on single-target DPS, but on AOE pulls, im getting out-dpsed by the tank.

im not the greatest either, but between 9.1-10k on dummies - which isnt completely crap for a casual player

This is the most retarded gauge I've ever seen, particularly the whisper thing.

You ask for a group in trade, I'm going to send a tell that is exactly that, "inv plz". I usually don't grab groups in trade; when I do, I'll respond just like that, because I don't feel that I need to describe an entire dungeon's mechanics to you in a whisper for a 5-man invite.
Actually my friends and I often think better of people that form complete words and sentences in groups. I won't go as far as to say that I will only invite people that do that, but you make yourself seem more intelligent (even if you aren't). I myself can't don't care for people that don't take the extra second it takes to type shit out. If someone says "inv plz" then I'm typically not bothered by it, but when it persists through the rest of the group it is just annoying.

I'm not sure what is worse though. The people that don't type words out, or the ones that butcher every single word they type.

The one time I did that boss I had issues to start. That Shatter is NOT a long cast, you pretty much have to start moving right when he starts it. If you have to turn (even with e a mouse) you won't get out of the range before he gets it done, at least that's how it's been with me. Having to move through him and back for that shockwave doesn't help matters, and it certainly doesn't help you are in that small-ass box canyon so I have to zoom in and look up at his ass to get a proper beat on what the fuck he is doing.

The end of the second week I just stopped tanking heroics, I got to 12/18 346s and the rest 333s before I couldn't do it anymore. What I see is that DPS are now giving much more critical roles in the encounters and a lot of them simply don't do it. They have to manage, kill, kite adds on top of dishing out a specific quota of damage on top of avoiding avoidable damage, and most simply don't. And if even one DPS dies early it seriously hinders the group as a whole. I admit to not knowing fully each encounter before I do it, but I learn quickly and the DPS usually just want to tunnel-vision on recount.

Last edited:
Back