UVALAN [uvalan]

If you are Hi-Rez marketing, you probably don't need to make decisions of either or.. unless dates conflict. But really, whether HighRez is a sponsor or not I dont think would make any difference to the people going.

hi rez has only downside in participating in uvalan. marweas tried that with t:v and it never did him any good because everyone in this community felt like they had a stake, but they were misaligned on objectives. what everyone from the old school wants is tribes with better graphics, but even if everyone got that there would be a subset of those folks who really want 1999 back, not the game itself, and they will never be satisfied. and the t2 community and modders would be pissed off. so no matter what, anyone who uses this community for marketing is doomed to failure because we are inherently contradictory and vocally negative.

the best thing they could do to help the potential success of their game is ignore tw entirely and remain true to a singular vision of the game they want to make.

Logroller when was the last time you played a video game?

edit: and tribalwar.com posting doesn't count.

You're not his steam friend I guess. Logroller and I are steam best buds.

Actually all he ever plays is call of duty and I don't own that game.

i also play fallout 3 but it is not linked to steam

and all of my wii and ps3 games

my kids currently love toy story mania

i'm quite far away but i travel for work quite a bit. if i could sync it with something business related i'd be in for sure

picture this: you're hi-rez's PR department. your job is to make tribes ascend appeal to as many people as possible.

Do you:

a) Sponsor a relatively small tribes lan that is best known for fire alarms and drunks - filled with people who will buy your product anyways

b) Showcase your product on the floor of major gaming conventions that attracts tens of thousands, along with mass media coverage to match

ah yes bc the cost of these two alternatives is the same

maybe

cons:
- 5-6hr drive,
- not close to airport
- idiots and nexters likely keep a lot of cool people away

Back