[Heavy metal] This old snow plow [pics]

Replaced the blown ram with one off the old plow. It's not long enough, but I was able to use it a little today.

Nlyk9ZB.jpg

YO3gC2Y.jpg

I need 12" rams but the old plow had 10" rams. They are sized by the stroke of the piston. a 12" ram extends from 18 inches total to 30. A 10 only extends 26. Amazon has them for $129, but I'm going to try the local farm supply first. I may be able to get a generic ram the same size.

My monster log chain,

qK5tjEb.jpg

ue8az61.jpg

And the trailer hitch bracket it nearly pulled off the truck. It was on the list for replacement.

CAzp09f.jpg

The other side for comparison.

nuF8CSd.jpg

Even as rusty and shitty as it is, that hitch mount pulled a local crack heads truck out of a nearby lot. Dude had snow plowed 4 feet up each side of it. He said the truck got stolen and ended up there, but people that know him thought he probably just forgot he left it there...

My happy little jeep. Now with new [shitty] tires.

3njEy0x.jpg

those little tires look so cute

Yeah, I had a nice set of Goodyear Wranglers on it. One came apart on the highway out of no where. A big chunk of tread peeled off and it still had full air pressure. There was a recall on some sizes, but not the size I had, and no way was I driving anywhere else with those.

Plas you are a man's man for sure. I got to tell you though, while it may be warmer using a enclosed vehicle, it is way more fun pushing snow with a 4-wheeler and plow

Thanks Mr Trap. I plowed a big snow once with a tractor and 4 foot blade, and I'd still be moving snow with a 4 wheeler. Old blue was having a hard time, I can imagine how bad a 4 wheeler would be.

Well your motivations are all screwed up. It isn't always about how much snow you move, it is about how much snow moves you

I lived where it didn't snow.. in Fact San Diego has 2 seasons. Warm and not so warm. I enjoy 4 seasons it turns out.

Of course not driving a big truck in it or even going outside unless I really want too may have something to do with it

[so] Yesterday my neighbors ex husbands blazer broke down. He left it up the street near the gas station. She loaned him a car and asked if I could help. I was at work so they left it there. He doesn't leave her a key. I tried calling but he works early and had his phone off. (he's a dumbass) On the way home around 10 PM I see police lights, it's a county trooper checking the blazer out. I pull up next to him and let him know it's my neighbors and we try to call him. No answer again, so I tell the officer the situation and offer to pull it off the road down the shoulder to save him a towing and impound bill. I buzz home, grab keys and a flashlight and do just that. Ended up BSing with the trooper for 20 minutes before going home.

Pulled it to his ex wifes house today.

Last edited:
the country of dubai: rust free b/c there is no plumbing and the poop trucks are organized by the king of poop truck logistics :king:

Back