Level 85 DK 1700 DPS

lol, this has to be a troll.

I should try something like this. Wear all cloth with Robes as a rogue while dps'ing heroics, and wait for someone to say something.

Why? He obviously wants to stick to plate and take whatever is a higher iLevel than what he had equipped so he can do heroics. When there were plate items with strength as a possible reward, he took them. He hit 85 yesterday, he'll replace all the bad items in a few hours of normal dungeons, and he'll queue faster as a "tank".

I should try something like this. Wear all cloth with Robes as a rogue while dps'ing heroics, and wait for someone to say something.

I think it was probably a kid, I was dumping heals into him all the time, I thought it was because he was pulling threat from the tank, but when I saw the damage done after opening recount I started to suspect he was setup for tanking and just picked any target.

I am healing normal instances for rep and gear, it sucks that I find 3 people end up being kicked or drop because players are just bad, I have seen several tanks kicked and I don't even think I have done 10 instances yet.

Sounds like one of my coworker's zerg guilds. We asked for some help gearing for heroics and I offered to heal if he tanked (resto druid) and it was kind of a nightmare. Healing him was a pain but we failed halfway through. A quick inspect revealed the DK had mostly PvP armor and even a plate Holy belt. His excuse was he never did dungeons EVER and just PvP'd.

After not playing a shadow priest for like 2 years I jumped on and did quests and pulled 5-6k dps without being fully comfortable playing it again at level 82. Even with shitty gear, 1700 is a complete joke. He had to have been doing nothing but auto attacking or something.

Last edited:
Some people never bother to learn rotations or stat priorities. They just get a new piece of quest gear and equip it because at it's armor type. Oh new plate piece! Must be better!

After not playing a shadow priest for like 2 years I jumped on and did quests and pulled 5-6k dps without being fully comfortable playing it again at level 82. Even with shitty gear, 1700 is a complete joke. He had to have been doing nothing but auto attacking or something.

Keep in mind at 82 the gear/level ratio is totally skewed (upgrades in gear far surpasses the gimping of stats that exists at 85). I pull 12k dps at 82 as an ENH shammy and I'm rocking WF/WF. I have like 43% crit and 16% hit and 20% haste, but when I hit 85, those numbers will be half that if I am lucky :(

I did a run on my 83 mage, the 83 rogue in the group was doing around 10-12% of the teams damage and dying to everything. I checked recount and he had no poisons being used, I asked him and he didn't even have any on him.

A hymnal on a DK? I would ask, but I know everyone and their mom has a DK and whatever I say you'll find something wrong with it. Like saying SP can contribute because some DK abilities are classified as spells.

Back