[COOKING] What do you use as far as Oil/Fat/Butter?

Reggs

Veteran XX
I started to use high smoke point oil some years ago, mostly for stir fry but other things too. I since read how cholesterol might help with testosterone I started to use butter more often when I could. In the past two months I've been trying to gain weight and started to drink full fat grassfed organic milk, use salted grassfed butter when applicable, and have full fat greek yogurt every day. I won't always drink the whole milk, maybe a month more or so.

I'm not in some anti oil camp, but so many of these new oils kind of hit the American market in waves of fads over the years and have not been consumed by humans for all that long. Although many of them have some nice stats like low cal, high smoke point, neutral flavor ect, none of them have been time tested like lard, butter, olive oil ect, and some of the processing is insane. I started to become suspicious.

I've been reading about ghee but never tried it. I like that it has a high smoke point and even comes in non-arisol spray form. I ordered some grassfed hormone free American made Ghee from American cows.

https://www.springsunrise.com/collections/ghee/products/organic-grass-fed-ghee?variant=36218599506076

7514907338_578021ebe7_z.jpg

81r66wWF4PL._SL1500_.jpg

I use Kerrygold butter. The color is a nice deep yellow. I have no complaints but I want to try other butters. I saw video Amish butter in PA and it was a very deep yellow and said to taste a bit gamey. I bet it was healthy though. Also, since using butter a lot more, even though it's higher cal, it makes the foods rich in a pleasant way that does not cause you to overconsume.

Salted_Butter_KG-1024x484.jpg

Qbx1BJz.png

FM6NnLN.png

qCGhjaY.png

YWgLAMQ.png

gwPRqV8.png

Ghee is great to use, especially on steaks.

I like the idea of ghee but find the taste somewhat off.

Good butter, olive oil, avocado oil all the way depending on what's cooking.
Safflower oil on occasion for it's high smoke point.

reggs if you use tik tok you might check this guy out: https://www.tiktok.com/@liverking?

He fasts then has a dinner consisting of raw liver (with maple syrup and salt - what) and often raw bone marrow and multiple cheeseburger patties, and other things with copious amounts of butter.

I like the idea of ghee but find the taste somewhat off.

Good butter, olive oil, avocado oil all the way depending on what's cooking.
Safflower oil on occasion for it's high smoke point.

reggs if you use tik tok you might check this guy out: https://www.tiktok.com/@liverking?

He fasts then has a dinner consisting of raw liver (with maple syrup and salt - what) and often raw bone marrow and multiple cheeseburger patties, and other things with copious amounts of butter.

He is on roids for sure. Still probably not an unhealthy diet. I've been following raw carnivores and they are all a bit crazy but at the end of the day they just physically more capable and resilient than any vegan.

I like avacado oil and that seems to be one of the more healthy oils. It's also a good oil for skin/hair. I think for a while from now on I'll just stick with ghee if it works out, butter, olive oil, and avacado oil. I might try beef tallow later. I've read duck fat is good, but I'm sure it's unhealthy. I bet you cooking turkey in duck fat would be amazing.

I get along with olive oil, virgin coconut oil and butter.
I went to pretty much only olive oil a few years back.
If I use a wok, I use the coconut oil. I am typically making something "curryish" and it's a good match.

I cook with butter, olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil. Depends on application. Eggs, french toast, breakfast type stuff will go on butter.

Italian-ish dishes will go on olive oil. If Im frying up asian style sweet/savoury chicken I'll reach for coconut oil and keep the temps medium. Avocado oil for high heat searing.

No other oils in the house.

btw if you want the test boost go keto and hit the gym for a couple months

image.png

do this shit in march and then slay pussy all summer

btw if you want the test boost go keto and hit the gym for a couple months

do this shit in march and then slay pussy all summer

People keep talking about keto and the effects of keto like its some new thing that has never been heard of before.

Stop eating sugar, simple carbs and sugary drinks...thats the cornerstone of every diet thats worth a shit that has ever been created. NO diet says 'eat all the twinkie sandwiches you want'.

Shockingly, if you lose fat, and increase muscle mass, your test goes up. Again, this isn't news.

Back