More Movies You Should (or Shouldn't) See

Quite a few Altman films are good, and he had a unique aesthetic. I have to admit I've not seen some of his earlier ones including Nashville, which won a bunch of Oscars back in the day, but I have seen and heartily recommend:

The Player
Short Cuts
Kansas City
Gosford Park
MASH

If people like any Paul Thomas Anderson films, they should check out some Altman, as he was PTA's biggest influence.

Since you liked the long goodbye, while not entirely the same vibe, I would suggest Under the Silver Lake, which not a lot of people saw. Devil in the Blue Dress too, if you like Detective/mystery films. Same director (Carl Franklin) made "One False Move" which is a movie that not a lot of people have seen, but is generally considered to be a 5 star masterpiece.

nice, i like this post a lot

there's a new 4k restoration of the long goodbye by kino lorber and i've been waiting for what seems like forever for it to ship :(

i've seen the player and i have short cuts, and seen a bunch of mash of course

i really dig altman and know what ur saying re: paul thomas anderson & their similarities and it's kinda hard to explain but what i like about long goodbye and altman i dislike in pta films

i could see how it would work in reverse tho where if u like pta you'd like altman

i'll definitely check out under the silver lake, seems like a great recommendation thx

Saw kids movies mentioned a few pages back.

Couple classics that hold up ok.

Batteries Not Included
Flight of the Navigator

Kids close to or teen?

The Black Hole (top 10 in my book)

Saw kids movies mentioned a few pages back.

Couple classics that hold up ok.

Batteries Not Included
Flight of the Navigator

Kids close to or teen?

The Black Hole (top 10 in my book)

Navigator was a good one.

What was the one where the kid plays the alien shooter video game and it is a front for an ET recruiting campaign?

I finally got through The Hobbit that other day (theatrical, not extended)

TBH, I'm not sure I understand all the hate, it's really pretty good.
Effects are nice, sound is awesome, acting is a bit cheesy, but we are talking pixies and goblins, mi'lady and 'from whence it came' here anyway.

Maybe if you are a lore purist it rubs u the wrong way idk?

I'll watch it again in full extended mode when I get a 4K TV

I don't know how old your kids are but Tron Legacy is rated PG and Ender's Game is PG-13 if they're interested in a more modern movie based on classics from our childhood.

Back