US Mexico Border Closed

SeVeReD

Contributor
Veteran XX
Not a parody thread
pls don't ban
U.S.-Mexico border will close to non-essential travel Friday night - UPI.com
March 20 (UPI) -- The United States and Mexico have agreed to suspend non-essential travel across the border for 30 days to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus disease, President Donald Trump said Friday at a White House briefing.

The new restrictions will take effect at midnight Friday, but won't apply to "lawful commerce" or those traveling for work reasons.

And just like that, borders matter

It's a fuck for me, because my daughter had a flight to come see us on the 27th. Been awhile since I've seen this busy girl.

I wasn't sure she should fly out anyway; where it was safest for her.
Crowded California where she's somewhat hunkered down between two apartments and close to her UCSD medical,
or down here in Mazatlan where it hasn't really hit,,, yet
around my wife's large family and social butterfly ways,
(my friend from California just gave her a stern lecture on WhatsApp)
and she is hunkering down more here
after meeting the woman who just flew in from California today and is staying in our building...
i'm not getting in the elevators with anyone

Hey
This may not be as important as closing the US border to
traitorous nation Chinada
but I'm hoping it stops the dirty Californians soon enough from coming over to safe Sinaloa*; just hope my daughter stays away from the zombies there. CA...
she has a small circle she's around so that's good

*for a few more days?

Last edited:
I think Mexico's going to start building it soon
Just like President Donald Trump promised

Just fyi, drug trafficking has stopped for the most part. Human trafficking too.

And globalism is done now. Mark my words. Don't know what's next but the China just in time supply chain diversification model is over.

Incoming 2nd century of shame for china. Good try chinks, you almost made it 10 years after growing to a 3rd world country

I'm thinking it will be good for Mexico too who lost jobs to China. And If Mexico was smart, they'd build a wall on their southern border, for our children's future...

and for fuck sake keep Chinada out

not the tacos
but the Sinaloan women are worth it

just means the border only closed at official gates... bean sauce will continue to spill everywhere else

based mexico :bandit: :cool:

vqS8om.jpg

I didn't have a camera. We were out walking around during Carnival ~3 wks ago, and they always have a big pinata of something bad from that year... of course it was exactly that pinata except huge with the chinese caricature on it and it had fireworks going off spinning it and lighting it on fire.

Of coarse the people will stop coming, because everything is shut down. There's no free handouts when the government is closed.

They're talking about giving everyone money, but that's going to take months before it happens. That money will be taxed next year when you file.

The good news for your daughter is most people have a screwed up diet. The produce section of the grocery store is stocked. She can make salads and smoothies, eat healthy.

Here in Mazatlan we are social distancing as best as possible. The streets are becoming less and less full with people. Last cruise ship we saw was just over a week ago. There's some tension in the family because my wife's 21 yo just met a new boy....so families merging without meeting heh. We've been taking a zinc/vit c/... supplement for almost two months. My daughter is in San Diego with one roommate. They went for a hike outdoors away from others yesterday. I feel pretty good about her staying there next to UCSD and she seems to be being the smart girl she is so....

I don't know if the hospital here in Mazatlan is ready or has ventilators? but I also wonder how prepared California is... there are a lot less people crowded together here in Mazatlan. I think we're opting to stay here by the windy ocean and in the Torre eMe. I don't think flying/driving/traveling or heading toward the virus is the safe thing to do, so here we stay.

The community in the tower were pretty right on it. We have hand sanitizers at both entrances and have put up a list of do's and don'ts. Gym/sauna are closed. The tower is usually filled with weekly vacationers but most have bugged back to Canada.

I didn't have a camera. We were out walking around during Carnival ~3 wks ago, and they always have a big pinata of something bad from that year... of course it was exactly that pinata except huge with the chinese caricature on it and it had fireworks going off spinning it and lighting it on fire.

Actually, I notice they are practicing becoming PC and progressive. They didn't draw slanty eyes on the pinata.

Back