[NBA] 2016-2017 Regular Season

to think 'old school players' would be able to slow down lebron is laughable

eAOjmaD.jpg

End of 1st quarter. 10pm. Finished my first beer. This is when I normally go to bed.
Cle 49 GS 33.
Everything went Cleveland's way, GS had everything called against them (technicals, flagrants). I think GS will come back, wouldn't surprise me. Otherwise we know the fix is in so GS can have another home game.
End of quarter 2. 10:30pm. 2nd beer.
Cle 86 GS 68

Last edited:
Cleveland Fan thrown out by refs.
End of 3rd. On beer 4. 11:30pm. I skipped happy hour for this. But I cut my yard when I got home and practiced a song on my keyboard. So at least it wasn't a wasted night.
Cle 115 GS 96.

Let's see if GS can come back from this. It wouldn't surprise me.

I'm watching NHRA drag racing qualifying online on the computer (FS1) at the same time.

The 3s from Durant are not falling. Many missed shots from GS.

Last edited:
Ball Game. 5th beer. But I also ate food.
Cle 137 GS 116
That 1st quarter was too much for GS to over come.

Can't believe I skipped happy hour for this, but most figured it was over. Now it's a Monday night game late at night. I won't be awake for this one when GS wins it at home.

Last edited:
the hells so bad about missing a happy hour NGFM

they got em 5+ times a week man

:lol:
I only go on Friday nights. I don't drink during the week. It's part of my programming. Really cool Taproom I wanted to check out too. But I can do that Saturday night with a friend or next week.
Bangin Banjo Brewing | South Florida Brewery

That's the newest thing. Taprooms. They serve their own craft beers (IPAs). Some are in a warehouse, others in an office complex.

For those who don't know, a Taproom has beer, but no food (kitchen). They may have snacks. A Brewbub has beer and a full kitchen. These places are much bigger and more established. These are the places In-Bev are trying to buy out. Tell the owners not to sell out. If the owners sell out, then it's over. They suck, the beer will be bottled in a national facility, and watered down.
Taproom - Up and coming. (no food, just beer)
Brewbub - Established brewery for a few years. (full service food and drinks)
When a brewery gets to 4 locations, In-Bev will come in and try to buy them out. Write to your local breweries telling them this. Tell them not to sell out.
And then we get to the final point. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and look at which beer to drink and avoid.
USA Park Coaster Attendance Results

Last edited:
i think he is referring to stages of development in a microbrewery becoming established and selling out, not what's trendy

[!img]http://i.imgur.com/eAOjmaD.jpg[/img]

I never meant to suggest guarding Lebron wasn't a stupidly hard challenge, but yup - that's one guy that I'd love to see doing it. Lebron v Pippen would be a hell of a matchup. I wouldn't suggest Scotty had the versatility on offense that Lebron does, but he could happily be a nightmare on D from 1-5, which you need to counter James. It'd sure be fun to watch.

I'm not going to ascribe to the "Damn, I'd be scoring so much more if I were playing these days!" that some ex players like to grab headlines with, but while the zone changes in particular give a lot more options for team defence to target and shut down players. As that capability in team defences has gone up, the reliance on 'shut down defenders' becomes less.

Yeah, I may have overstated the "how bad D is" thing for dramatic effect ;) It's certainly different though. When you look at the stats of league averages.. there's no huge change in there anywhere. The focus has shifted around toward a more complete team D with more input from the coaching staff on forming complete strategies, and it's certainly easier to plan for and deal with isos and penetration with help D.. it just seems as though that man to man game has suffered a little in the process.

Last edited:
actually the reliance on 1v1 defenders is higher then ever. the difference now is you have to be able to defend multiple positions 1v1

team defense becomes important only when you lose 1v1 battles. team defense is how fast players can sprint off whoever they are defending to help a match up that has either lost or is about to lose. one player sprints to help, another player has to sprint to cover for the guy that left to help, and so it continues until a shot goes up. in addition they have to communicate and be smart enough to switch off and help on the right guy at the right time and not double team or leave a guy wide open

maybe I should look into those 10 game Clipper packs..apparently they turn you into a genius on all things basketball

just kidding Fufu :sunny:

actually the reliance on 1v1 defenders is higher then ever. the difference now is you have to be able to defend multiple positions 1v1

team defense becomes important only when you lose 1v1 battles.

Not really. Obviously yes - stopping your man 1v1 is always the preferred option, but with the change to the '3 in the key' rule for D, the option to have off-ball doubles or straight-out zone defenders ready to spring a trapping double-team becomes a lot easier, and a lot of the focus of a 1v1 defence moves away from an outright stop and swings to pushing the attacker into the trap. Without that requirement for every defender to be locked onto an attacker (or doubling the ball), defenders are much better able to float - to play passing or driving lanes. Defence off the ball has gotten a lot more capable.

Back