Fixing the roads, changing America

A main principle of this is laying transmission lines with the road.strike I dunno, a million. You're still somehow the stupidest person on tw.

The couple who r changings Merica, the inventors of the Solar panels is road 2 idear:

Scott_Julie%20II.jpg

I think i posted about this thing 18 months ago, but i can't remember.

The gist:
Solar road ways made of super glass that not only collect solar power, but once connected through a city, or the nation, provide power through the glass sections under the surface, thus revamping our entire power grid network.

18 months ago the dude was looking for funding, and still getting reserach accomplished. He's hoping to put in a prototype this year at his facility.

Some quotes

i'm a freaking visionary
:king:
click for more infos

Not that I've looked into this, but I have the feeling that if this was worthwhile, Elon Musk would already be doing it. So therefor, it is likely not worthwhile.

I didn't re-read 4 years of discussion, so this is probably mentioned earlier, but any wishful thinking updates are moot.

This will never be done for many reasons, but mostly because it isn't the simplest way to turn the roads into power-plants.

It's sci-fi so people want to see it, but if we decided to do something like this the far better, easier, and more cost effective way would be something like this...

01-solar-carport-structure-kirk-rudy.jpg

converted along all of our roads (or probably only non-city roads). It'd be like driving through a never ending tunnel, but you'd eliminate almost all the hurdles this stupid idea presents.

Destroys all the benefits too.power is one part of it. Upgrading the grid, smart roads to lower accidents and increase traffic flow, energy transfer to charge electric cars as they drive, waste water flood water management also fit into this.we're going to spend money on all this anyway, May as well roll all that dough into one product. All transport, power, grid, and water flood management money should be evaluated to determine if this is feasible. Not just road budgets, or just power budgets

I don't think solar roads are going to be all that effecient anytime soon to matter, it's the future proofing bit I think would be invaluable.

FUCK YOU GREY GHOST I WAS GONNA POST THAT GOD DAMMIT

it cost them 5 million dollars for a mile of road, truck resistant

NOT THAT EXPENSIVE YOU FUCK WAD

Back