Fantasy/Sci-fi Book recommendations revisited

Ready Player One
It's the year 2044, and the real world is an ugly place.

Like most of humanity, Wade Watts escapes his grim surroundings by spending his waking hours jacked into the OASIS, a sprawling virtual utopia that lets you be anything you want to be, a place where you can live and play and fall in love on any of ten thousand planets...

The Magicians
Quentin Coldwater is brillant but miserable. He's a senior in high school, and a certifiable genius, but he's still secretly obsessed with a series of fantasy novels he read as a kid, about the adventures of five children in a magical land called Fillory. Compared to that, anything in his real life just seems gray and colorless.

Everything changes when Quentin finds himself unexpectedly admitted to a very secret, very exclusive college of magic in upstate New York...

read all the first law books, ending was :mad: but I'm gonna soldier through the other 2 in-universe 'sequels' (best served cold (wooo incest) and the heroes)

finished the foundation trilogy, which was just fantastic

caught up on the HH books and reading canticle for leibowitz along with the second book of the new sun

read all the first law books, ending was :mad: but I'm gonna soldier through the other 2 in-universe 'sequels' (best served cold (wooo incest) and the heroes)

finished the foundation trilogy, which was just fantastic

caught up on the HH books and reading canticle for leibowitz along with the second book of the new sun

Several times I picked this book up, and put it aside for other reads. Finally finished it about a year ago (bought it 3-4 years ago) and was impressed. Nails the long term post apocalyptic themes, a lot of other books can't fully flesh out.

Several times I picked this book up, and put it aside for other reads. Finally finished it about a year ago (bought it 3-4 years ago) and was impressed. Nails the long term post apocalyptic themes, a lot of other books can't fully flesh out.

there's a radio adaptation you might wanna check out :)

Oh man, I have a lot of those sitting in a box somewhere. I need to find it so I can re-read them. It's probably been 10 yrs or so since I last read one.

the jade phoenix trilogy is awesome

I havent had the chance to listen to it either, but cael has and says it's very well done except for the fact that it's abridged

great book.

read them both in a few days.

sucks waiting for the final one.

after spending 20 years waiting for the wheel of time series to be completed, and reading the song of ice and fire series I've got to say I find it incredibly hard to recommend someone go read an unfinished series.

waiting for the next book just annoys me. and it's even worse when the author dies.

I just started reading the WoT series. I didn't know it was unfinished. Im almost done with book 4. Fml. I too hate unfinished series.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone else read 'Reamde' by Neal Stephenson?

It's one hell of a big book. Good story, great game concept in there. Gets a bit bogged down in the middle though.

haha that sums up every stephenson book pretty well, particularly the bogged down in the middle part.

haha so true.
diamond age tho, has to be the best stpehenson ever.

i do love the fuck out of The Baroque Cycle.

Back