Current news thread

You can't fire off a bottle rocket with NORAD lighting up but a balloon? It's perfect. Small 5megaton nuclear device attached under the balloon and yeah, America back in the 3rd world.

And MA3WA is achieved. :lol:

Or... maybe it actually is a weather balloon.

China is capable of landing things on the moon. I would think a spy satellite is well within their means. It seems a bit beneath them to have to resort of weather balloons to spy on the united states. Which... as means of spying goes... seems a bit obvious and unreliable. How could they think that would go unnoticed?

Before they admitted to owning the balloon... which, if it was a spy balloon, why would you admit to it... how did we identify it as a Chinese balloon? Does the balloon have "Property of China" emblazoned on it? Which, if it did... why would they put that on their spy balloon?

Or maybe it is a spy balloon and obfuscation and confusion surrounding it's true purpose was part of the plan, to either test if America would notice and how they'd respond. Meanwhile, they'll take some pictures and test some technologies while everyone is debating what to do with it.

It isn't surprising though and a little concerning how quickly the usual suspects are jumping straight to "War was declared" given the current state of global tension between the west and China.

Last edited:
how did we identify it as a Chinese balloon? Does the balloon have "Property of China" emblazoned on it? Which, if it did... why would they put that on their spy balloon?

ummm...

20230204_153715.jpg

Are you sure? A Chinese bomb/missile or bomber likely wouldn't have made it all the way across the country probably wouldn't have even made into our airspace. But an innocent looking "weather balloon" did.

People probably didn't think anything like this was likely or even possible in the '40's, then Japan said hold my sake.

Damn Juggs, this is a new low of dumb even for you.

Damn Juggs, this is a new low of dumb even for you.

Well, beyond the handful of icbm missiles the Chinese have, they have no ability to project air power to the US.

They also have no capability to project force anywhere. They lack sea or airlift capability. They have a huge dick, but can’t use it, except in an asian land war.

The only real threat they have are the six ballistic missile subs.

In comparison the US has 14, plus 53 attack subs and 4 guided missile subs (also nuclear capable).

I’m not too worried about the chinese military.

for a while there the goonies house was owned by salty ppl who had signs up saying 2 stay away and got all mad when fans showed up

i hear recently the new owners are cool about it again which i think u have 2 be if u buy the goonies house

idk troy and his dad weren't cool and they bought the house

Boring read that only serves to prove #metoo and the "educated left" are full of shit

David Sabatini, biologist fired for sexual misconduct, lands millions from private donors to start new lab -Science | AAAS

The Whitehead probe concluded that Sabatini fostered a sexualized lab environment in which he rewarded those who participated in sexual banter, threatened retaliation against lab members if they raised questions about his conduct, and threatened another faculty member who refused to hire a young visiting scientist whom Sabatini would later marry. It also found that he and Knouse carried on a sexual relationship against Whitehead rules.

Ackman said: “If the situation were reversed, we would be backing [Knouse]. It’s not bro culture backing up the guys. That’s really really important.” Then he added: “By the way, it’s my wife and I who made this decision.” Ackman’s wife, Neri Oxman, a designer and former MIT professor, serves as a co-trustee of the Pershing Square Foundation.

-------------
fyi

Bill Ackman - Ackman endorsed Michael Bloomberg as a prospective candidate for President of the United States in the 2016 presidential election.[98] He is a longtime donor to Democratic candidates and organizations, including Richard Blumenthal, Chuck Schumer, Robert Menendez, the Democratic National Committee, and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.[99]

Back