A question about diet

I believe that if you are experiencing a rumbling stomach occasionally it is likely a good thing if you are overweight.

CArBs MatTeR and CalOriEs ArE anTiqUaTed

Jfc this soyboy little faggot really is clueless about nutrition and performance. Who knew. Tell me you're a beta without telling me you're a beta.

Sum1 shook

gypsy boy doesn't like getting called out on all the subjects he's an expert on Russian military, diets, DNA, stocks, covid, crypto, housing market

:Hmm:

lmfao :lol: expert chimes in

maybe he was right about DNA you just can't overcome it

You look like a total idiot bro. Might wanna stop now before you disclose more of your ignorance on the subject. I'll ignore you now for a bit it's getting tiresome. Go eat some bread I think your blood sugar is low.

Reading this thread it was interesting and a little funny...then someone walked into the room, pulled their pants down and took a giant shit on the floor.

#wtf

Yeah theres room on TW for decent discussion until the little yappy faggots come out of the woodwork. Ignore function will suffice for now.

CArBs MatTeR and CalOriEs ArE anTiqUaTed

This is the prevailing thought in most keto groups.

Most point to a guy named Sam Feltham to support their notion that calories don't mean anything if you eat keto. He did an experiment where he ate 5000 cals a day but of keto foods, and didn't gain any weight, lost little bit of bodyfat

However they ignore or are ignorant to the part where Feltham is a top tier fitness competitor and instructor with gym's on 2 continents and started out with an ectomorph body type

Keto groups vilifying carbs, say it ain't so. For the record I generally do strict keto and IF for 8 weeks every year around May. I like how I feel, and I enjoy switching up my diet. It's a fast way to shed fat quickly and drop the water weight after bulking all winter. It makes caloric restriction easier.

As for eating 5000 calories on keto and not gaining weight, it's really rather simple for that guy. He expends 5000 calories a day. There's just no way around it. There isn't a study out there supporting this notion after you've factored for the thermic effect differential. There is no science supporting the idea that you can eat as many calories as you want, as long as they aren't carbs.

i actually do go out of my way to avoid HFCS.

I don't know, i just don't trust the shit. Its pretty much hopeless when I stop at a gas station on my trips, it's literally all junk.

If im travelling and stop for gas and need a pick me up - i get 2 packs of peanuts - 1 hot - 1 honey - it'll be on sale like 2 for a $1. a medium coffee - and a jalapeno slim jim. i try to use the same gas station and the gas points sometimes get a free coffee. if you're drinking soda you're gonna be f'd in the weight department that shit is literally cancer.

i worked with a dude that was clearly over 350+lbs. he always came to work in the morning with a 48oz mountain dew from the gas station and a bag of mc donalds. he would tell us how fit he was and could swim 10 miles and all this BS. i did move a vending machine with him and he had a shit ton of muscle strength but i guess its from constantly weight training inside the fat suit he's wearing.

i fluctuate between 180-200lbs. i get heavier in winter cause more sedentary. usually when i go up a hole on the ol'belt i'll start starving a bit. otherwise i eat the kids' extra food at dinner cause i dont wanna throw it away but i will if im feeling a bit conscious

also you should be able to do a 24hr day without eating at least a couple times a year - but i cheat and add a case of bud light. but its just rice water so its pretty minor.

you know, althought now that im married and my wife makes a big-ta-do about weight and shit and she went and got a scale and she's always talking about losing 3lbs, i think its actually WORSE to worry about it. Just go out, enjoy life, eat sensibly, and smoke some weed, drink some beers, ride some dirt bikes, and enjoy the outdoors once in a while and you'll be a-OK without all the extra complications of dieting.

if you haven't already, seriously, go get a atv and hit up a offroad park. even if you need to get an auto-gaymatic ATV, that's fine too. it's a workout on the bars and you're actually doin stuff.

Last edited:
So if you go on an all-HFCS diet but only consume 700 calories daily you won't lose weight? That's incredible. Must be some new research.

Tell ya what. At ~57 calories per tablespoon (20 grams) that would be

12.28 tablespoons
245.6 grams

If you eat that much HFCS per day you would gain weight even if that was all you consumed. I would bet on it.

Try an experiment, be the guinea pig.

Of course you wouldn't gain weight. That's patently ridiculous. You might encourage survival mode to kick in after a while which would change the type of fuel your body would burn, but you would still lose weight. You would have to be a persistent motherfucker to do that for more than a couple of days though, you'd feel like utter shit.

Tell ya what. At ~57 calories per tablespoon (20 grams) that would be

12.28 tablespoons
245.6 grams

If you eat that much HFCS per day you would gain weight even if that was all you consumed. I would bet on it.

Try an experiment, be the guinea pig.

That is ridiculous. Absolutely would not happen.

(I'm editing my post to be nicer here)

Can't tell if you're totally serious though.

Last edited:
Do you believe in 'starvation mode'? I keep seeing people talk about they stopped losing weight because they weren't eating enough and that cause the body to go into starvation mode.
No. That sounds like retard-speak. There are simple physics rules in place here (and always). Your body will recognize it's starving and dramatically slow down as converting fat/protein isn't as effective. This is just a very long process until your eventual death. No such thing as "the weight loss stopped." I mean I guess when you die, sort of, but "you" will still be losing weight even then.

This thread is full of a lot of weird, shit information.

If you want to lose weight and be more healthy:

• Don't shit sugary shit. Fruits are fine, but don't eat nothing but fruit all day.
  • Eat plenty of veggies, varying proteins (especially fish), and fruits.
  • Work out. And no, that doesn't mean walking on a treadmill. That's a waste of time. Lift heavier weights at lower reps. This will build more muscle and increase your resting metabolic rate (plus a plethora of other benefits). You can do fat-burning exercises, but that's just a means to an end. It's not going to help keep fat off unless you keep doing them and people don't. Muscle lasts a long time and keeps "working" for you in that sense.

Some extras:
  • The ripeness of a fucking banana doesn't matter. You're talking about a couple grams of sugar difference. This is like a multi-millionaire counting pennies.
  • It doesn't matter if water is cold or hot. Ugh.
  • Don't worry about sodium or any other vitamin/mineral if you're eating a variety of veggies, fruits, and proteins.
  • Don't drink fruit juice. It's no different than a soft drink.
  • Don't drink alcohol.
  • Finally, drink water (basically only water) when you feel like it. Don't "TRY TO DRINK AT LEAST A GALLON A DAY!!!!1" These people have no idea what they're talking about. You're not losing water at a constant rate and drinking MORE water isn't going to make you any more healthier than just drinking what your body needs/wants.
  • If you're going to fast, be sure to take some reasonable multivitamins. You can go a really, really, really long time without food, especially if you're fat, but you need certain vitamins/minerals or you could have specific organ failure.
  • Calories are calories. This is physics, not guess-work. You need to consume less calories to lose weight (or do more and consume the same). That isn't to say, however, that you should consume less total calories every day by eating only Snickers. You will lose weight, but you will die quickly.

Why are people confusing health with weight loss? Macros are about health. Calories are about weight loss. Some of you are truly retarded.

Why are people confusing health with weight loss? Macros are about health. Calories are about weight loss. Some of you are truly retarded.
This is a common theme I see whenever people ask about weight loss or eating healthy. They seem to think they're one in the same.

Macros determine what type of weight you lose. If your calorie intake (nett deficit) is X your weight will decrease by the same amount, regardless of macros. If you eat shit and don't workout you'll lose muscle as much as fat. If you balance your macros correctly and lift, you'll burn fat almost exclusively. It's even possible to lose 15lbs by losing 18lbs of fat and gaining 3lb of muscle.

I'm currently on 2000 calories. 190g protein, 160 carbs, 70 fats. And it's doing exactly that. I work out like a crazy fucker 4 days a week (weights) plus another 2 days more HIIT/cardio biased.

No. That sounds like retard-speak. There are simple physics rules in place here (and always). Your body will recognize it's starving and dramatically slow down as converting fat/protein isn't as effective. This is just a very long process until your eventual death. No such thing as "the weight loss stopped." I mean I guess when you die, sort of, but "you" will still be losing weight even then.

This thread is full of a lot of weird, shit information.

If you want to lose weight and be more healthy:

• Don't shit sugary shit. Fruits are fine, but don't eat nothing but fruit all day.
  • Eat plenty of veggies, varying proteins (especially fish), and fruits.
  • Work out. And no, that doesn't mean walking on a treadmill. That's a waste of time. Lift heavier weights at lower reps. This will build more muscle and increase your resting metabolic rate (plus a plethora of other benefits). You can do fat-burning exercises, but that's just a means to an end. It's not going to help keep fat off unless you keep doing them and people don't. Muscle lasts a long time and keeps "working" for you in that sense.

Some extras:
  • The ripeness of a fucking banana doesn't matter. You're talking about a couple grams of sugar difference. This is like a multi-millionaire counting pennies.
  • It doesn't matter if water is cold or hot. Ugh.
  • Don't worry about sodium or any other vitamin/mineral if you're eating a variety of veggies, fruits, and proteins.
  • Don't drink fruit juice. It's no different than a soft drink.
  • Don't drink alcohol.
  • Finally, drink water (basically only water) when you feel like it. Don't "TRY TO DRINK AT LEAST A GALLON A DAY!!!!1" These people have no idea what they're talking about. You're not losing water at a constant rate and drinking MORE water isn't going to make you any more healthier than just drinking what your body needs/wants.
  • If you're going to fast, be sure to take some reasonable multivitamins. You can go a really, really, really long time without food, especially if you're fat, but you need certain vitamins/minerals or you could have specific organ failure.
  • Calories are calories. This is physics, not guess-work. You need to consume less calories to lose weight (or do more and consume the same). That isn't to say, however, that you should consume less total calories every day by eating only Snickers. You will lose weight, but you will die quickly.

This post is about 80% correct. Who are you and what have you done with Validerp?

Back