Godzilla! Huge Earthquake in Japan

AFP reports: Japan is warning of an imminent strong quake on the northeast Honshu island

Another one?

‎8.8 is a big deal. top 10 in the world. Tsunami a big deal too. But Japan is built with earthquakes in mind, and people forget this. Fire damage, flood damage, ya it happens. But collapse is the worst and it looks like it was mitigated sufficiently

There were two ~6,5 magnitude aftershocks 100km away from Tokyo already. Except more to come. They just also said that more 8+ magnitude quakes are expected.

pretty amazing that more buildings didn't go down

I'm astonished at how well it held up
I know they plan for this but this was an 8-point-fucking-9 earthquake at a shallow depth and close to one of the most populous areas on the planet

that is is unimaginably powerful

holy shit it's mass panic in hawaii.

streets are littered with cars, gas stations, it's insane.

traffic is insane.

I can't use my fucking phone to call anyone.

Town of Kurihara has been completely destroyed.

Wikipedia says they had a population of 77,012 in 2008!!!!

people in japan are going back to work and people in hawaii are FREAKINGGGG OUTTTT

pretty amazing that more buildings didn't go down

I'm astonished at how well it held up
I know they plan for this but this was an 8-point-fucking-9 earthquake at a shallow depth and close to one of the most populous areas on the planet

that is is unimaginably powerful

Well, like I said, many tall buildings have been built with quakes in mind. They are prepared for this.

In China they have huge earthquake simulator just for testing this shit, it used to be only one in the world. Not sure if more have been built

GF2yn.png

‎8.8 is a big deal. top 10 in the world. Tsunami a big deal too. But Japan is built with earthquakes in mind, and people forget this. Fire damage, flood damage, ya it happens. But collapse is the worst and it looks like it was mitigated sufficiently

If this does end up doing lots of damage to Japan it won't be right away. Japan's infrastructure is set up to resist even huge quakes, but they use a lot of wood construction. Past quakes have initially done very little damage in Japan, only to have the firefighters unable to keep up with all the fires caused by aftershocks, leading to entire towns burning to the ground.

So which, if any, TribalWarriors are currently located in Japan?

Can't even open NHK, it's being hammered.

Last edited:
Back