Do you still build your PCs?

No chip shortage but rampant inflation is now starting to push prices up in the US. Lower end GPU cost is rising even with LHR cards that are useless for mining.

I'm looking at this case as it's not huge and fits full size atx parts.
Amazon.com: Lian Li O11 AIR Mini Black SPCC/Aluminum/Tempered Glass ATX Mini Tower Computer Case - O11AMX : Everything Else
61M9O4n6UwL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

They make a few variants.

Last edited:
Build your own
I mean... duh!

When I would buy a pre-built machine, one of the first things I would do is open it up and double check all the components to make sure they are seated properly. Especially for the video card, as they weigh a lot and shipping the things can easily screw up the connection to the mobo.

Maybe nowadays they ship the video card individually so you can connect it?

I still build but less often than I used to. Current system is from 2018 and still plays everything I throw at it. But I'm looking at upgrading later this year since GPU prices are normalizing.

dont worry about the energy crisis dude they are installing electric car charging stations it will be fine.

Why in the flying fuck can't I find a simple air cooled ATX case that isn't two feet tall or 16 inches wide.

My Antec Sonata Piano Black I've been using since 2004 takes full ATX sized parts, holds three 5.25 drives, four 3.5 drives, two floppy drives, and it's only 16.6 inches tall, and 8 inches wide.
ClbyIjq.jpg

Sadly it's not deep enough to fit a gpu with 3 fans. I may have to attack it with a Dremel. I could remove the lower two 3.5 inch drive bays and not even notice.
0KK74aZ.jpg

Why in the flying fuck can't I find a simple air cooled ATX case that isn't two feet tall or 16 inches wide.

My Antec Sonata Piano Black I've been using since 2004 takes full ATX sized parts, holds three 5.25 drives, four 3.5 drives, two floppy drives, and it's only 16.6 inches tall, and 8 inches wide.
ClbyIjq.jpg

Sadly it's not deep enough to fit a gpu with 3 fans. I may have to attack it with a Dremel. I could remove the lower two 3.5 inch drive bays and not even notice.
0KK74aZ.jpg

how come everything you own looks like it came from a trailer or junkyard?

life's too short to always own junk bru

When I built a pc in 2018, I used pcpartpicker to pinpoint what parts I wanted to use. Also keeps track of sales for you.

Back