[UK] Stuff to see and do

Haven't read this thread so my bad if it's been asked. Where do you live in the UK muk? I'm moving there in a month

I'm appalled that you would need a thread for suggestions on what to do in the UK.

:picard:

I'm off to liverpool in 2 weeks on a stag (bachelor) party.

I'll report back if and when I get stabbed

Right Rugby, my area now.

If you want to see a good game of rugby, The Newport Gwent dragons are the best to watch. They are a shit team, and know their shit. But they have amazing vocal support, and they play some pretty entertaining rugby. You know the score is going to be big one way or the other. They are also pretty knowledgeable fans. It would be best to watch them play against another Welsh team. That was you get a good deal of banter between the fans, and the abuse the ref receives will have you in stitches

If you want to see a football match, I suggest you go to watch Swansea City play. Cardiff are the more entertaining team and generally a great team to watch, but they have a few problems with hooligans(something rugby doesn't have). Football fans are assholes. You cannot talk to a football fan outside of the match. Where as in rugby, you will find people willing to talk about absolutely anything in the pubs afterward. Hell some of them will teach you the game. It's a completely different culture.

As for drinking, the best places to go are the pubs that are generally out of the way.

a) you don't get assholes in there
b) You don't get chavvy cunts in there
c) the local ales and cider are great
d) the food is actually cooked, and not micro-waved

Only downside is, they are usually quite expensive. I suggest hitting up some of the pubs at Rest Bay, Porthcawl. Great pubs, on the sea front and friendly people.

Sight seeing, cardiff is full of shit that you will like. Shopping is pretty good in Cardiff or Swansea.

I'd bypass any Valleys, Bridgend( I live here) , Neath, Port Talbot, Because they are shitholes.

Don't go anywhere outside of Newport as a tourist, Stick to the center!. IF you end up in Pil(like a suburb within newport), you are in serious trouble, and no i'm not joking.

If you need any info on Wales send me a PM.

rugby players and fans are fucking awesome

soccer players and fans are fucking douchebags

note: i play and love soccer

awesome...
see you fuckers on saturday morning!

im up for getting a round if anyone wants to join me. Nothign crazy as I actually have to work while im there :)

coventry born and bred, bit of manc, bit of norwegian viking in me

Holy fuck, you've lived there your whole life? Voluntarily? Why in the fuck would you do that to yourself? Go to the fucking airport NOW, there's still time for you to save yourself.

Back