2019-nCoV

Untraceable coronavirus cells emerge in three countries

Untraceable coronavirus cells have emerged in three countries — and health officials say the elusive strands could be the first sign that the virus is spreading at an uncontrollable pace.

Game over man, game over

Edit: Sorry

“We have to prepare at the same time for any eventualities, because this outbreak could go any direction — it could even be messy,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.

Relax.. messy isn't bad

There's so many new cases popping up in S. Korea now. It feels like we're totally failing at containing this. Seems like just a matter of time before we get case clusters in the US.
Read something a bit ago about a federal court agreeing with Costa Mesa (sanctuary city) that they can block the CDC sending 50 - 70 infected US citizens to one of their facilities.

We're obviously not doing much to contain this. If you want to look at it from the conspiracy angle it makes sense economically. It's most likely to spread in low-income populations (homeless or poverty) as well as those that are huge burdens on the state (welfare and elderly).

I'm not sure I'd believe the conspiracy angle on this one though. Bio weapons (which is basically what it would be if we just "let it happen") are way too hard to control. Even if there was currently a magic vaccine that "the elite" had, the virus could mutate making the vaccine worthless.

I think I'll go with Hanlon's Razor on this one. We're just stupid and underestimating it. :weird:

Hanlon's razor - Wikipedia

i saw a chinaman walking this morning on my way out. i swerved up onto the sidewalk and made some roadkill soup for the next one that comes along. this is no longer quarantine. it is biological war.

it is but you're on the wrong side

i'm going to every chinese restaurant in the area to try and get infected so i can start visiting all the bingo halls

i'm going to every chinese restaurant in the area to try and get infected so i can start visiting all the bingo halls

You keep mentioning bingo halls. Whats your problem with elderly women ya sexist ageist douche

Electric_City_Akihabara_Pachinko.jpg

Im bumping my boomer bomb thread

I basically predicted the future just the wrong delivery method

Damn :boogie: finally wiping out them boomers

Boston Mayor Urges Sony to Reconsider PAX East Absence Over Coronavirus, Says it Plays Into 'Harmful Stereotypes'
:lol:
It’s been less than a week since PlayStation announced it won’t be attending PAX East in Boston due to “increasing concerns” over COVID-19, otherwise known as the novel coronavirus. Now, the mayor of Boston has reached out to Sony to appeal to the company, urging them to make a decision based on “facts, not fear,” and urging PlayStation to not play into “harmful stereotypes” about Chinese people.

According to WCVB (via Eurogamer), Boston Mayor Marty Walsh has sent a letter to PlayStation CEO Kenichiro Yoshida, saying to the gaming company president that the risk of individuals contracting the COVID-19 in Boston and Massachusetts remains extremely low. Walsh also stated in the letter that anti-Chinese and anti-Asian sentiment and misinformation have played a role in the increasing fear of the COVID-19 in the United States.

"These fears reinforce harmful stereotypes that generations of Asians have worked hard to dismantle," reads Walsh's letter. "They trigger our worst impulses: to view entire groups of people with suspicion, to close ourselves off, and to miss out on the opportunities and connections our global city provides. Boston is united in our efforts to dispel these harmful and misguided fears."
[...]

I am having a really hard time trying to figure out the nationality of PlayStation CEO, Kenichiro Yoshida. I think it's white. Gotta be white nationalism. Maybe even white supremacists. I dunno? Godamn white nationalists spreading fear and hate of Asians.

Back