War movies - 2 part question

Fury was a fun action movie, if you switch off your brain and not think too much about the historical accuracy of any thing. "loosely inspired" is an apt description.

They did have an authentic "Tiger I" in it, and not a redressed M48 or T34 as other Hollywood movies like Saving Private Ryan used.

Fury was a decent movie and the principle actors put in good performances, but so many scenes are just pure Hollywood that is was unintentionally laughable as a historical film at times.

I will have to disagree. Every movie takes some liberties whether it is vehicle types or how the hero might take unrealistic chances, but I try to average that in with my assessment. How the crew of Fury interacts, how the tanks fight (especially against the AT guns), and even how units maneuver....all spot on from my experience. We can discuss what life is like as a member of an armored vehicle crew and platoon at your leisure.

so any ww2 movies told from a non-jew perspective?

or is history only told from perp of victors... or "victims" in this case lol

I will have to disagree. Every movie takes some liberties whether it is vehicle types or how the hero might take unrealistic chances, but I try to average that in with my assessment. How the crew of Fury interacts, how the tanks fight (especially against the AT guns), and even how units maneuver....all spot on from my experience. We can discuss what life is like as a member of an armored vehicle crew and platoon at your leisure.

The action scene of Fury's platoon fighting the AT guns was ridiculous.

We could spend 20 minutes nerding-out about all the things wrong in that scene.

I liked the film overall for its entertainment value, but scenes like this were pure Hollywood.

so any ww2 movies told from a non-jew perspective?

or is history only told from perp of victors... or "victims" in this case lol

Don't care about the jewish perspective honestly. No doubt the death toll will go up about 20 million in any movie from the jew perspective.

Have you watched A Bridge Too Far? The Bridge at Remagen? Classic Hollywood WWII.

When it's said and done, I prefer documentaries.
Check out Battle 360 for around a 10 part series documenting the Enterprise in WWII from Pearl Harbor to the fall of Japan.

Best to get it with a subscription to the History Channel or you can find the DVDs on Amazon for 19 bucks.

Sometimes it's on Amazon Prime during Veteran's Day/Memorial Day

What is the best WWII movie between Saving Private Ryan and Fury.

Also do other countries have movies like this? I know the UK is as full of themselves as the U.S. on things like this, so i would guess they have their versions of these kind of flag waving movies and i've seen one really good russian tank movie and a fairly decent german infantry movie thats on par with saving private ryan, but not the volume of movies like the U.S. has

Saving Private Ryan is 10x better than Fury.

Yes, other countries also have high budget War Films. Dunkirk is one of the more recent British WWII films. The Chinese have a recent film where they're pushing the American's shit in over in the Korean War.

Don't care about the jewish perspective honestly. No doubt the death toll will go up about 20 million in any movie from the jew perspective.

stop lowballing their losses you racist

everyone knows that they lost at least 60 million during the nazi / soviet purges

Dambusters

/thread

agreed

Did you hear they replaced the plaque on Nigger's headstone to avoid upsetting snowflakes?

since we are talking bridge movies (and away from Europe)
Bridge Over the River Kwai - always a winner

Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence - also good

White Tiger was actually not bad, entertaining at least.

Saving Private Ryan set the new standard for war movies.

I thought Fury was Ok, but never struck me as great.

I still enjoy Patton, Midway, Tora Tora Tora but they just look so dated. Watching a guy clutch his side and fall to the ground "I'm hit!" just makes me chuckle now.

I think Band of Brother is the best movie / TV / entertainment ever made.

It's a shame The Pacific was sooo weak in comparison. It's like Band of Brothers angsty little sister.

Saving Private Ryan set the new standard for war movies.

I thought Fury was Ok, but never struck me as great.

I still enjoy Patton, Midway, Tora Tora Tora but they just look so dated. Watching a guy clutch his side and fall to the ground "I'm hit!" just makes me chuckle now.

I think Band of Brother is the best movie / TV / entertainment ever made.

It's a shame The Pacific was sooo weak in comparison. It's like Band of Brothers angsty little sister.

The Pacific suffered from not following the same group of guys all through the campaigns. It was disjointed and confused. I watched it once when it came out, haven't watched it since, whereas I could sit down and watch BoB over and over and not get tired of it.

Back