Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tribes: Ascend, developed using the Unreal 3 engine, is being positioned as the multi-player successor to the much lauded Tribes 2 and a re-introduction of the franchise to the gaming world.

ahhahahhahaha love how they (rightfully) put t2 as the last tribes game. :)

i don't know if this is serious or not, but listening to the tribes community sure has done wonders in the past

yes, it is serious. A lot of people just wanted a FPS because "that's what Tribes was". It was suggested they make a FPS and an MMO separately.

Who the fuck cares about the MMO portion? :lol: If you can just play Tribes with better graphics. :)

Yes, let's do this first.

I'm skeptical of this new console port coming even close to duplicating T1 with better graphics, let alone improving on it.

Nobody's been able to do it in over 10 years. So I doubt a game fundamentally designed to work on a gamepad will come even remotely close.

Well hopefully they'll choose to duplicate T2 with better graphics, not T1.

... and people wonder why developers find it hard to hit the spot for the Tribes community.

Well hopefully they'll choose to duplicate T2 with better graphics, not T1.

... and people wonder why developers find it hard to hit the spot for the Tribes community.

Good one, you almost had me going there for a second.

lmao

if they make rock/paper/scissors an animation you can use in game that will be fucking great

come
get
high
overhere!

Apparently Got Haggis completely blew it as it's Ascend and not Ascent.

edit: ugh, they are admitting they are trying to pay homage to T2 base and named vehicles as their 3rd most important priority
There are people who loved Tribes 2 more than Tribes and there are people who loved Tribes more than Tribes 2. You can't please everyone and you shouldn't try to.

I really don't understand some of you people from the older generation. Yes I played T1 but not competitively and I understand where you're coming from when you want people to make T1 with better graphics.

With that said both you and I know that isn't going to happen. T1 was a mistake and a perfect one at that. I feel like even if they made the game and it felt like T1 the community would find some bullshit flaws to bitch about and play the game for not more than 6mnths.

Personally I hope the game feels like T2 but a little bit faster with more balanced weaponry and a fresh new community to back it.

The scary thought is that T2 fans think they're talking about T2 Classic and not T2 Base.

The scary thought is that T2 fans think they're talking about T2 Classic and not T2 Base.

I think people forget that T2 Base was a generally acknowledged as a huge disappointment by the EXISTING tribes community, that needed years of coding and fixing by players whose names begin with the letter "Z".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back